The demand for remote learning and teaching, driven by Covid-19, has both disrupted and accelerated universities’ focus on digital technologies, security and cloud. Universities face a number of key questions as they consider longer term data and storage solutions to deliver agile services, improve student experience and meet the demands of “anytime, anywhere” working.
There are multiple challenges universities encounter when embarking on a cloud or multi-cloud journey. These can vary from identifying internal drivers to negotiating with cloud providers, to selecting suppliers to undertake your migration – especially for large institutions with legacy systems. The challenge is how to get the best value from cloud while always retaining sovereignty, flexibility and control of your systems and data.
Atos works in partnership with universities to support their end-to-end journey to cloud. By leveraging our extensive experience in Higher Education, our tried and tested methodology and our unique partner ecosystem, we can help ensure a successful transition to cloud, so your university can utilise benefits such as agility, scalability and global applications deployment.
Wherever you are on your cloud journey, we will work with you to understand your specific strategic and operational challenges and deliver the optimal cloud environment, all at your pace and scale.
Benefits of Atos OneCloud
- Unique blended cloud architecture (including non-cloud/legacy applications) to eliminate workload siloes, simplify your IT landscape, and maximise agility and cost-efficiencies
- Flexibility and control of your own cloud environment, with no vendor lock-in
- Safe, secure decarbonised IT
- Freedom to focus on your business instead of technology
- Digitally innovative organisation and culture, with ability to respond rapidly to change
- Faster speed to market for new user services and apps and to integrate emerging technologies (including AI, automation, edge)
- Assurance that your data and systems are secure in public, private or hybrid cloud
- Control and access to data for better emergency services – as a force for good
- Governance and sovereignty of your data, with consent and trust of students
Accelerate your ability to execute on your digital transformation goals
- Create a clear vision for how to leverage cloud to enable digital capabilities and drive your targeted business outcomes
- Build a defined backlog of executable initiatives and roadmap driven by business value
- Stand-up an agile execution model and change strategy that will accelerate and sustain delivery
During a time of intense change, the University re-set its digital journey with a strategy to reduce complexity, lower costs and maximize agility to meet student needs and evolving operational demands.
Atos supported the University’s Digital Transformation Programme with an aim to implement cutting-edge digital products and solutions for their students, teachers, researchers and staff.