Industry: Professional Education
Company size: 1,400 employees
Professor Arshad Omari Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Edith Cowan University
Perth’s Edith Cowan University became the first Australian university to move its entire IT infrastructure to the cloud
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is an open and vibrant public university with around 23,000 students. It’s based in Perth, Western Australia – one of the remotest cities in the world. In a highly competitive market and with an ambitious vision for growth, ECU’s leadership team saw the huge potential of digital technologies. Today’s students naturally expect access to digital tools and content.
With the need for a more agile, high-performing and cost-efficient digital infrastructure, ECU knew that cloud adoption was essential. The Board’s vision was bold: to move the university’s entire data center infrastructure to the cloud as early as possible.
Atos worked closely with ECU to achieve a smooth and seamless transition and transformation of ECU’s entire IT infrastructure to a new secure Managed Hybrid (multi-tenant) Cloud environment.
- The university had to ensure a smooth and reliable digital environment for students and staff.
- Access, govern and safeguard its own data (and that of its students), without giving away sovereignty to a third-party provider.
- Brand-new, state-of-the-art cloud hub with twin data centers in Perth.
- Atos’ Canopy Hybrid Cloud Orchestration Service is a fully managed cloud service and provided on a highly efficient and flexible pay-as-you-go consumption model.
- Instead of having to maintain its own IT, ECU benefits from a simple ‘hop-on/hop-off’ service that flexes entirely to meet demand between and across semesters.
- ECU has access to agile, dynamic development expertise that reduces the time to market for any new digital tools and technologies.
Learn more on how the educational experience can be amazingly enhanced with a combination of innovative thinking and careful management in a digital transformation process.
Group VP, Atos Canopy Hybrid Cloud Services
Global Director Product Management Cloud
Head of Center of Excellence, Cloud and B&PS