Atos Mossley Mill
Carnmoney Road North,
Newtownabbey BT36 5QA
Tel: +44(0) 2890-843499
There had been textile-related industries on the Mossley site since the 1700s. In 1834 the Grimshaw family built the mill, dam and chimney utilising water and steam power to run the mill machinery. The Campbell family purchased the mill in 1859 and continued expanding both the mill and the village, setting up a school, workers’ houses and a sports pavilion. Thread making was introduced to the business in the 1880s and expansion continued throughout the 1900’s with the arrival of synthetic threads and new manufacturing equipment. In 1993, Mossley was bought by Herdsman’s flax spinners of Sion Mills, County Tyrone, and it finally closed in 1995.
The former flax spinning mill was saved from demolition when Newtownabbey Council bought it in 1996 and a major restoration and conversion project was begun. The first phase of the mill site was converted to the Civic Headquarters and was officially opened by Prince Charles on 13 June 2000.Work on Phase Two of the Mossley Mill Civic and Cultural development was completed with the opening of Museum at The Mill in October 2010. Atos moved into the ground floor West Wing in October 2017.
From Belfast city centre take the M2 Northbound and leave the M2 at Sandyknowes roundabout and follow the directions to Mossley Mill. The site is approximately 40 minutes from Belfast International Airport and 20 minutes from Belfast City airport and Belfast City Centre.
Mossley Mill Railway Station is across the road and is approx 3 minutes walk.
Belfast City Airport is 20 minutes drive and Belfast international is 40 minutes drive.