Maximizing the business opportunity of SAP S/4HANA without all the pain
Digital transformation can lead to a 20-30% increase in customer satisfaction and economic gains of 20-50%
Any manufacturer who’s completed an SAP implementation in the last few years or is about to embark on an SAP S/4HANA migration will understand first-hand how complex and full of bumps the road to transformation success can be. But it’s a necessary pain if you are to make the needed shift to the digitally led and IoT-enabled products, services, and experiences your customers demand and reap the benefits.
But how do you bridge the gap between business process performance and business outcomes?
92% of technologists say the ability to link technology performance to business outcomes and to show return on investment (ROI) are essential to delivering innovation goals over the next year.
It stands to reason that one of the biggest challenges, therefore, is how you get the real-time insights needed to build a compelling business case. And how do you present it in a language that both IT and the business can understand, especially when in the past, the two functions have often been mis-aligned?
Through our experience supporting many global manufacturers as they digitally transform and migrate their SAP services, we’ve identified the top three considerations you need to make when building a business case for SAP migration and transformation to S/4HANA:
- How do you identify the key customer touch points in your organizational processes that can enhance business throughput and improve customer experience?
- How do you identify the business capabilities to help launch a new growth trajectory for your organization?
- How do you get the visibility you need to see exactly what SAP and interrelated apps you have and how they are performing? And how do you pave the way for autonomous self-healing applications?
Proactive business process management and monitoring enable you to take a more business-led approach to transformation, helping you discover and optimize business performance, making it easier to troubleshoot issues and speeding up migration through improved visibility. And, once transformation is complete, enabling you to adapt an automated approach through self-healing applications to improve customer experience and deliver ongoing ROI.
Read our next blog in this series:
- Blog 2: On the path to zero downtime. How discovering and optimizing your SAP environment can reduce production interruptions by up to 70%
- Blog 3: How to gain visibility of your SAP environments to drive better performance: a best practice approach
- Blog 4: Delivering amazing customer experience starts by understanding and preventing the things that can make it less than great