You are currently visiting the Atos website.
Atos considers your personal data and you privacy at the utmost importance. Our privacy notice explains what personal data we collect and how we process them. We invite you to read them.
Atos processes your personal data for this website in order to provide you a helpful and adapted resource that will help you know Atos better.
What is personal data?
Personal data may be any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to that natural person.
Your personal data on this website can be collected either directly or indirectly.
It can be collected directly when, for instance, you voluntarily submit it for subscribing to our newsletter, when registering for Atos’ Premium Services or when completing the contact form. When accessing to these pages, you will be provided information about the collection of your personal data and will be able to give – or decline to give – your consent.
To provide such information, we collect – or may collect – your name, telephone number, e-mail address, job title, Company, country, and any other data that you might communicate in your message.
Your personal data can be collected indirectly when using cookies and other technologies. Atos intends to collect information such as the number of visitors, as well as user’s last visit date and consulted page. Please refer to the “cookies and other tracking technologies” part below.
Purpose of the processing
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your identification data to enable you to (a) contact us via the website, (b) receive marketing related emails based on information you request on our website.
These personal data are collected when you subscribe to a newsletter, when you get in contact with an Atos representative, or want to receive a white paper. These data will be used to provide you with the requested services or materials and can be used for further processing for marketing purposes with your explicit consent.
Your interests regarding these collects:
- Get access to personalized and precise information when you ask for it
- Receive our newsletter when you explicitly give your consent for it
- Receive a white paper when you ask for it
- Be provided with requested services or materials
- Present you Atos’ new products and/or services if you have explicitly given your consent to receive such information
The purposes of the cookies is explained in the cookies section available here.
Data retention period
The period for which we process your personal data is shown in the table below:
|Category of data ||Data retention period |
|Identification Data||2 years|
|Anonymized browsing data||2 years|
Atos and your personal data
Atos is the first IT company to have obtained approval of its Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) by European data protection authorities both as a data controller and a processor. This approval evidences Atos’ commitment to the protection not only of its own data but also that of its clients: all Atos entities provide a very strong level of protection to personal data, complying with European Union’s standards, regardless of their location in the world. The BCR are a commitment whereby the companies of the Atos Group undertake to process personal data in accordance with a stringent level of protection to personal data it processes for its own needs (employee data, etc.) but also for the needs of its customers, therefore allowing the free flow of personal data between the companies of the Atos Group.
Atos’ website is hosted in the European Union and application support may be made from Atos India. The transfers resulting from such support would be framed with the Atos Binding Corporate Rules.
Accuracy, relevance and security of your personal data
As stated in our BCR, any personal data processed by Atos is kept on secure servers. Atos uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personal data against loss, unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or modification and to ensure the integrity of the personal data. Additionally, Atos ensures to process your personal data only for the purposes mentioned in this privacy notice and to keep data no longer than necessary.
Use of personal data for marketing purposes
To find out more about how Atos uses personal data in the course of marketing its services please click here.
Who can access your data?
Your personal data can be accessed by:
- Our external service providers such as Google Dialog Flow (chat), Olark (Real time chat) and Salesforce (customer relationship management solution) which have been specifically authorized to store Data. You can access Salesforce’s certifications standards and regulations which contain Salesforce’s personal data protection policy here, Olark GDPR regulations here and Google Cloud GDPR here.
- Atos’ employees that have been formally authorized.
- the right to information regarding how your personal data is processed.
- The right of access your personal data processed by Atos.
- The right to erasure which allows you to require your personal data to be deleted by Atos.
- The right to restriction of processing which allows you to control how your data is processed.
- The right to object the processing of your personal data which means that you can require that Atos ceases to process your personal data
You may also have the right to ask for a portable format of your personal data or restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. To exercise these rights, please complete this online form to contact the Atos Data Protection Office. For any other queries contact us here. This Privacy Notice is published and could be amended from time to time. We invite you to consult this page regularly.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Atos is committed to comply with the EU Directive on privacy in the electronic communications. For this purpose we have developed the following notice which intends to give you all the keys to manage the cookies we use while you’re visiting our website.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files which are downloaded on to a device when the user accesses to certain websites. The piece of information is then sent to the original website when the user visits the page again or when he/she visits a website that recognizes the cookie. Cookies allow a website to recognize users, to understand the users’ navigation on different websites, thus facilitating user’s navigation, save his/her preferences and improving his/her utilization of the website. Cookies can have different objectives and utilities. For more information about cookies, visit the following websites: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu
We intend to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our website. For this reason, when visiting our Atos website, cookies are installed on the computer.
When surfing on Atos website(s), data logs of your surfing activity may be collected with the purpose of understanding aggregate usage of features and pages and the purpose of contacting and conducting real time chats with our support professionals. For this very purpose we use Google Analytics and Olark.
In order to optimize the atos.net website for future usage, we use the web analysis tool Matomo on premise. This enables us the analysis of your usage of the atos.net website. It is not possible to attribute the hereby collected data to any distinct person. The noted IP-address is anonymized immediately. After temporarily securing the shortened IP-address for the purpose of analysis of user behavior it will be deleted completely. Without this data, we would not be able to provide you the service we are currently offering to you. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
Purpose of the cookies
Please note that these settings are only valid for the pages created and owned by Atos. When we embody link to external websites and that you click on these links you leave our website and therefore the settings and policy applying to our website no longer applies. You should consider the new website cookies policy and settings.
Find more information below about Atos cookies.
Atos’ cookies table
1. Session cookie or permanent cookie
- ‘Session’ cookies remain in your browser during your browser session only, i.e. until you leave the website.
- ‘Persistent’ cookies remain in your browser after the session (unless deleted by you).
- Necessary cookies. There are essential for the user navigation and allow to give access to certain functionalities such as secured zones accesses. Without these cookies, it won’t be possible to provide the service.
- ‘Performance’ cookies collect information about your use of the website, such as webpages visited and any error messages; they do not collect personally identifiable information, and the information collected is aggregated such that it is anonymous. Performance cookies are used to improve how a website works.
- ‘Functionality’ cookies allow the website to remember any choices you make about the website (such as changes to text size, customized pages, user name, language) or enable services such as commenting on a blog.
- Targeting cookie: cookies used to deliver advertisements more relevant for you, limit the number of times you see an advertisement; help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and understand people’s behavior after they view an advertisement.
3. First party cookie / Third party cookie
- First party cookies are set and used uniquely by Atos
- Third party cookies are either set up, either used by third party, other than Atos
Where the cookie is mandatory, “NA” can appear in the part “How to disable / enable this cookie”.
Download the Atos.net cookie table in PDF format
Changes to this policy
Matomo on premise Analytics, Google Dialog flow & Olark Chat: refer to paragraph “Atos Cookies”. If you have any questions refer to paragraph “Your rights”.
How can I control or delete cookies?
To delete your cookies or change your preferences, please click here.
Matomo analytics opt out