How can you improve paperwork productivity in your hospital?
With an average two-thirds of their professional time spent on paperwork, doctors mostly fill out forms and documents, and have less time to focus on their core activity. Healthcare organizations can struggle with administrative costs, often due to a reliance on paper-based processes. In their journey to reduce paper, hospitals can adopt digital signatures or expand them to more departments in order to:
- Reduce material flows
- Offer new paperless services to healthcare professionals and patients
- Guarantee the integrity and evidential value of electronically signed documents
Enhance paperwork process efficiency and reliability with digital signatures.
Follow or contact us:
Digital signatures: Bring more trust to your relationships with patients
In 2018, a study conducted by St. Michael’s Hospital revealed that sensitive information like personal health documents were discarded in recycling bins. Not having been shredded, these 2,687 documents could have threatened patient privacy and the hospital’s confidential documents. With the right digital signature solutions, electronic health records can be secured more easily.
Atos provides IDnomic Sign, a digital signature solution that helps healthcare organizations:
- Ensure the integrity of signed documents and verify the identity of the signer (patient, doctor or administrator) to ensure they are only working with trusted actors
- Benefit from timestamping to be able to verify signatures in a long-term perspective
- Simplify archiving, save money on printing and scanning, and reduce the time spent on paper processing
Digital signatures: A security imperative for today’s open and fast-paced world
“Digitization not only holds the key to speeding up processes but also to increase security in today’s increasingly open world. But how do we digitize the part of process that traditionally sees us put pen to paper – the signature?”
– Pierre-Jean Aubourg, Director of Professional Services of Atos IoT Security department
Discover our digital signature solution in more detail
As organizations move to paperless transactions, it is necessary to electronically sign documents to guarantee their integrity and produce proof of acceptance by the signer.