Implement sustainable manufacturing to accelerate your journey to net-zero
Develop a comprehensive strategy including scopes 1-3 emissions
Negate the carbon impact of your IT infrastructure and services
Design, make and use/reuse:
Digitalize and transform your processes to reduce carbon
Offset your residual emissions to accelerate net-zero
Digital manufacturing: The driving force behind the sustainable economy
To limit climate change, we must act now. Manufacturing’s 20% share of worldwide CO2 emissions means it has the most to lose (and to gain) from the transition to a net-zero economy.
This is a time for bold ideas. At Atos, we enable clients to reduce costs and increase quality and customer satisfaction, while creating a more sustainable future. We can help you achieve net-zero by:
- Creating a comprehensive strategy to understand and reduce your CO2 emissions
- Running net-zero factories
- Designing low-carbon products
- Building a sustainable supply chain and transitioning to the circular economy
Strategy and Offsetting
Begin your net-zero journey by mapping out a clear strategy with Atos experts.
- Plan: Understand your impact and product footprint
- Forecast: Evaluate risks and opportunities
- Measure: Collect, analyze and monitor emissions data
- Change: Use digital solutions to accelerate reductions
- Contribute: Offset residual emissions with impactful projects
- Green IT: Assess and optimize your technology landscape
Design with a Purpose
Our experts can evolve your product design to ensure the entire function supports your sustainability strategy.
- Rate and track suppliers to align procurement with sustainability goals
- Leverage customer insights to personalize product designs
- Streamline design with computer-aided engineering (CAE) and virtual prototyping
- Simplify the supply chain
- Design lightweight parts with additive manufacturing
Make Low-Carbon Products
Atos reinvents manufacturing processes to reduce the carbon impact of production.
- Reduce energy consumption with building, production and power management
- Harness the potential of renewable energy sources for production
- Identify waste with advanced AI and analytics
- Reduce costs and emissions with advanced quality and vision control
- Monitor and optimize energy, errors and waste with digital twins
Use and Reuse, Share and Maintain
We can implement innovative new models to leverage the sharing and circular economy to grow your business.
- Reduce consumption and optimize maintenance with intelligent field assets
- Leverage platforms and ecosystems to design multi-sided marketplaces
- Manage resources more effectively with smart waste management
- Provide expert remote support to reduce maintenance team travel and service time
Building a carbon-neutral digital factoryInnocent Drinks wanted to build a carbon-neutral factory (called “The Blender”) in Rotterdam to produce its popular smoothies and juices. Atos helped by creating an end-to-end technology solution for the facility. By integrating its manufacturing network, Innocent intends to reduce travel by around 25% and cut its overall carbon footprint by 10%.
Read the press release >
Creating a healthier Earth with IoT, AI, analyticsThe European Space Agency created a consortium to deliver actionable information on wildlife, climate and natural resources. Atos is leading the effort to combine real-time geographical data with external information. The outputs aid sustainability efforts in agriculture, forestry, urban planning, manufacturing, insurance and energy production.
Read the client story >
Find out more
2021 IT Challenge on Decarbonization
We have invited students around the world to help us find new ways that digital technologies can help move toward a more sustainable future in manufacturing and other industries.
By 2024, it will be clear that retaining conventional socioeconomic norms is incompatible with sustainability. Be ready to think beyond sustainability and lead the charge toward regenerative models.
Senior Director, Decarbonization