Industry: Public Sector
Company size: 230 employees
“The system allows us to automatically transmit real-time information on the incident and patient medical data to the dispatched vehicle. That’s a big improvement on the situation before where operators had to communicate dispatch data by phone and the first responders had to write it down.”
María José Fernández Campos
Medical Director at SUMMA 112
Global Emergency Management for rapid end effective response
Emergency services receive many calls each day and lives depend on the speed and effectiveness of their response. Summa 112, the organization responsible for coordinating medical emergency services in the Madrid region, turned to Atos to integrate and improve its emergency management processes.
Atos Global Emergency Management (GEMMA), the solution for emergency management, helps first responders deliver on their commitment to protect citizens and keep society safe.
It coordinates the complex mix of resources and systems that make up emergency response networks and ensures they function as a single unified platform with standardized processes, optimized decision-making and unhindered information flows.
The Atos Global Emergency Management (GEMMA) solution enables SUMMA to integrate and coordinate its response to emergency calls. It provides an end-to-end solution that optimizes the use of resources, reduces response times and, most importantly, saves lives.
- SUMMA 112 operates Europe’s largest medical emergency coordination center.
- Spread over 500 square meters and handling over 3,500 calls on a typical day.
- A timely and appropriate response is a key success factor.
- Atos Global Emergency Management (GEMMA) solution enables SUMMA to integrate and coordinate its response to emergency calls.
- High-availability system designed for 24/7 operation.
- Integrated system covering all administrative, operational and management needs.
- Integrated 3-way communications combining telephony, radio and 3G data.
Our vision, the components of a Data-Driven City, the enablers for making this a reality, and relevant projects we have completed for clients in cities across the world.
Citizens are faced with very varied risks, the type and impact of which are evolving constantly.
GLOBAL HEAD OF HOMELAND SECURITY