Atos reveals the 16 shortlisted teams of the 2020 Atos IT Challenge dedicated to Cooperative Artificial Intelligence
December 19, 2019
Atos, a global leader in digital transformation, today reveals the 16 shortlisted teams of its international student competition, the Atos IT Challenge, which is now in its ninth year. This year's theme focuses on Cooperative Artificial Intelligence and looks at how to bring together separate AI solutions, and enable them to work together to make joint decisions.
This edition of the Atos IT Challenge attracted many applications and generated numerous innovative ideas.
“We are thrilled to be running the Atos IT Challenge for the ninth consecutive year. This competition enables students from all around the world to share their ideas and to contribute to innovation, something which is at the core of Atos’ DNA. We are proud at Atos to support and foster the youth of today to contribute to the talent of our future.” said Sophie Proust, Atos Group CTO and Chairman of the IT Challenge Jury.
The shortlisted teams:
The 16 shortlisted teams, selected by a Jury made up of members of the Atos Scientific Community[i] are:
- Project “Forecasting and Scheduling Optimization System for Household Distributed Micro-Grid Based on Cooperative Artificial Intelligence” – by Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Project “Cooperative Traffic Control” – by Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
- Project “GyroThreat” – by CentraleSupélec
- Project “IA: Intelligent Agriculture” – by Universität Passau
- Project “ZerOps - Cooperative AI for Administrating Edge Clouds” – by Technische Universität Berlin
- Project “Cooperative data sourcing platform and AI analytics for a road condition survey” – by Adamas University
- Project “Intelligent alarming gadget to protect (blind, elderly and disabled people, cyclist, pedestrian and kids) of urban accidents” – by Sapienza University
- Project “CrowdSurf” – by Asia Pacific University
- Project “FishNet” – by Asia Pacific University
- Project “PestKillerBot” – by Asia Pacific University
- Project “Digital Water: Artificial Intelligence at home” – by Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores Monterrey
- Project “AI-Farm : Artificial Intelligence in Farming” – by Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique de Dakar
- Project “Waterfall AI” - by Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique de Dakar
- Project “Initial Survey Swarm” – by Loughborough University
- Project “Intelligent Police Cars” – by Loughborough University
- Project “Reactive Emergency Autonomous Vehicle Communication System” – by Loughborough University
In the next phase, each team will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and advice on how to build the proof of concept to be presented in April and May 2020. Three finalists will then be chosen, and then a winner, which will be announced at the awards ceremony in July.
- For more information about the contest, visit: https://www.atositchallenge.net
- Find us on Facebook: AtosITChallenge
- Follow us on Twitter: @AtosITChallenge and hashtags #AtosITChallenge
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
[i] Global network of 160 members, the Atos Scientific Community aims at crafting the Group’s vision for the future of technology in business, and anticipating the upcoming trends and technologies that will reshape businesses and society in the years ahead.