Skip to main content

Our website uses cookies to give you the most optimal experience online by: measuring our audience, understanding how our webpages are viewed and improving consequently the way our website works, providing you with relevant and personalized marketing content.
You have full control over what you want to activate. You can accept the cookies by clicking on the “Accept all cookies” button or customize your choices by selecting the cookies you want to activate. You can also decline all non-necessary cookies by clicking on the “Decline all cookies” button. Please find more information on our use of cookies and how to withdraw at any time your consent on our privacy policy.

Managing your cookies

Our website uses cookies. You have full control over what you want to activate. You can accept the cookies by clicking on the “Accept all cookies” button or customize your choices by selecting the cookies you want to activate. You can also decline all non-necessary cookies by clicking on the “Decline all cookies” button.

Necessary cookies

These are essential for the user navigation and allow to give access to certain functionalities such as secured zones accesses. Without these cookies, it won’t be possible to provide the service.
Matomo on premise

Marketing cookies

These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant for you, limit the number of times you see an advertisement; help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and understand people’s behavior after they view an advertisement.
Adobe Privacy policy | Marketo Privacy Policy | Pardot Privacy Policy | Oktopost Privacy Policy | MRP Privacy Policy | AccountInsight Privacy Policy | Triblio Privacy Policy

Social media cookies

These cookies are used to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns.
LinkedIn Policy

Our website uses cookies to give you the most optimal experience online by: measuring our audience, understanding how our webpages are viewed and improving consequently the way our website works, providing you with relevant and personalized marketing content. You can also decline all non-necessary cookies by clicking on the “Decline all cookies” button. Please find more information on our use of cookies and how to withdraw at any time your consent on our privacy policy.

“Endesa agrees to sell its 85 % stake in Mundivía to Atos Origin”

Madrid, 28th March 2005

Atos Origin, a leading international information technology services provider, today announced that Endesa has reached an agreement to sell its 85 % stake in Mundivía to Atos Origin. The remaining 15 % will continue to be owned by Sodercan, which has confirmed its commitment to developing the company.

The acquisition of Mundivía will enable Atos Origin to strengthen its presence in the energy sector and continue to build up a business relationship with the industry leaders of the Spanish Economy.

For Endesa this sale is part of the restructuring of its non-strategic assets. It will invest the funds in its core business of energy generation and distribution. This agreement consolidates the relationship between both companies.

Mundivía was set up in 1996 by Electra de Viesgo, Banco Santander and Sodercan. In 1999, after a restructuring of its ownership, the company came to be controlled 85% by Endesa and 15% by Sodercan, a company owned by the regional Cantabrian Government, Caja Cantabria (a savings bank) and The Cantabrian Chamber of Commerce.

The company, with more than 200 employees and headquarters in Santander, carries out an important activity in systems integration (specially in web environment) and outsourcing for clients in the energy and telecommunications sectors.

Atos Origin Iberia is responsible for the company activities in Spain, Portugal and Andorra, and employs 4,700 staff.

About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are more than EUR 5 billion and it employs over 46,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors. Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, AtosEuronext, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.

Contact press:
Marie-Tatiana Collombert, Tel: +33 (0) 1 55 91 26 33,
marie-tatiana.collombert@atosorigin.com
Antonio Ferreiro, Te:l +34 91 440 88 00,
antonio.ferreiro@atosorigin.com

Contact for Investors:
John White, Tel: +33 (0) 1 55 91 26 32,
john.white@atosorigin.com