Forrester Consulting Thought Leadership “Hybrid Cloud: The New Normal” *
Hybrid Cloud Is Not The Future: It’s Here Today And Here To Stay
In April 2020, Forrester Consulting conducted an online survey of 287 global IT decision makers to explore and evaluate the state of hybrid cloud in the enterprise.
In the past two years, organizations have increasingly moved toward using multiple public and private cloud providers in a hybrid model. The study looked at those using hybrid today (71% of respondents) and those planning on adopting hybrid within the next two years (29% of respondents).
This study yielded several important recommendations:
- Establish a comprehensive hybrid cloud strategy today.
- Prioritize flexibility, efficiency, and time-to-market over cost cutting.
- Build new apps and modernize legacy apps on a unified platform.
- Extend the value of your current infrastructure.
- Don’t go it alone: Partner with a hybrid cloud expert provider.
*A Forrester Consulting Thought Leadership Paper
Commissioned By Atos And VMWare