Enterprise server portfolio
To tackle enterprise IT challenges, Atos proposes a portfolio of highly scalable and flexible enterprise systems for data-driven applications and converged platforms:
- BullSequana S servers, powered by Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, that leverage an industry-leading design to combine business computing and analytics in a single server architecture
- BullSequana SA servers, empowering 1 or 2 AMD EPYC™ processors, that provide a balanced infrastructure maximizing the storage density without sacrificing performance for specific use cases where virtualization and scale-out flexibility is required.
All those servers share the values of the BullSequana product family, designed to serve the needs spanning from mainframe to enterprise, HPC and Quantum.
Powering Enterprise AI
Though the definition of Artificial Intelligence (AI) varies a lot, it is considered as the most disruptive class of technologies over the next 10 years.
Ever-increasing computational power, gigantic amounts of data, and unprecedented advances in deep neural networks enable enterprises to rely on data and AI technologies to adapt and tackle problems with brand new and efficient solutions.
It will especially be useful to:
- Extract more value from IoT
- Boost existing applications
- Support customer facing apps
- Nail specific business challenges
A digital transformation accelerator
Through enterprise AI
By siding the classical computing capacities with GPU in a very simple and flexible way to adapt to AI/Machine Learning needs , BullSequana S can boost existing applications and power disruptive tools like chatbots.
Through Data lake and analytics
BullSequana S speeds up data lake environments deployments, scales as needs arise and dramatically simplifies the lifecycle of news applications using the data.
Through in-memory computing
Superior scalability, availability and serviceability coupled with top notch performance make it the ideal scale-up platform for large in-memory databases
Modernization through virtualization & cloud
BullSequana S is the most agile, scalable and open platform to grow digital business. With its dynamic reconfiguration capabilities, it combines exceptional performance with unparalleled agility and generates efficiencies at every level . It’s the go-to server for the private part of an hybrid cloud.
BullSequana S: main benefits
Exceptional scalability – 2 to 32 CPU & GPU / 48TB RAM
Preserve investments and power the most demanding environments
Modularity and Flexibility
Build or reconfigure to fitting exactly your business needs!
Operations and TCO benefits for all landscapes
20% Cost reduction for large clusters virtualization, 30% Price/Performance gain for small & medium SAP Hana
Designed for Enterprise AI
Enable AI/Machine Learning everywhere with GPU
BullSequana S product range
The BullSequana product range leverages the Intel® Xeon® processor Scalable family, to propose 5 different models from 2 to 32 CPU in a single server.
Each model can be upgraded smoothly to another one, preserving investments and applicative environments.
BullSequana S is built around a modular design, with a 2U/2 CPUs base element: the compute module. With 2 CPUs, up to 3TB RAM it includes up to 8 disks (2”5) and hot plug/swap I/O cards for easy maintainability. On top, there is an open space to add some optional tray for optimized flexibility:
- a storage extension which can hold up to 12 SAS/SSD, 4 NL-SAS disks, 4 NV-RAM for high I/O thoughput. A 2U unit can thus propose up to 20 disks, more than 2 raw PB in server. This will be used especially for data lake and virtualization.
- a GPU extension, with 2 GPUs per 2 CPU/2U, up to 32 in a single server. Real-time algorithms and machine learning will use this huge processing power to run.
Thanks to those extensions, it is very simple to build or reconfigure the server according to business needs!
BullSequana SA servers
Within the BullSequana S family, the new BullSequana SA servers provide a balanced infrastructure maximizing the storage density without sacrificing performance for specific use cases where virtualization and scale-out flexibility is required.
BullSequana SA servers: main benefits
- Outstanding storage density and cost per TB – Up to 100TB in a 2U form factor
Cost-effective balance of performance and storage capacity providing well-suited for datalakes and hyperconverged solutions like the BullSequana Agility
- Designed for virtualization and hybrid-cloud
Certified with industry-leading virtualization software, enabling to take advantage of the flexibility of public Cloud on-premise
- Best in class-technologies
Support of wide storage technologies with up to 24 NVMe drives, PCIe 4.0, and up to 5 GPUs
Compliant to the latest RoHS environmental regulations
BullSequana SA servers: product range
The BullSequana SA product range leverage the AMD EPYC™ processors, to propose 3 models in a 2U form factor
- BullSequana SA10 – single CPU, up to 1TB RAM and up to 100TB storage – ideal for HCI with dense virtualization
- BullSequana SA20 – 2 CPUs, up to 2TB RAM and up to 100TB storage – ideal for Datalake and HCI with dense virtualization
- BullSequana SA20G – 2 CPUs, up to 2TB RAM, up to 5 GPUs and up 46TB storage – ideal for VDI, enterprise graphic-intensive applications Datalake and Edge Data Container