HQ: Berlin and Munich, Germany
Company size: 379,000 employees
“We can look back on a long and successful business relationship with Atos, and so we knew that Atos has the right solutions and the know-how to create and implement an end-to-end communications concept.”
Dr. Helmuth Ludwig
CIO at Siemens AG
The global communications service for more than 350,000 employees
Following one of the world’s largest rollouts of a collaboration solution, Siemens AG now has an end-to-end communications infrastructure for more than 350,000 employees throughout the company. Circuit from Atos replaces the previous UC solutions and combines messaging, audio and video conferencing, and screen sharing in a single, intuitive application.
- Modernization and standardization of the communications infrastructure.
- Quick and easy integration in existing processes and tools, e.g. Syncplicity file sharing.
- Great scalability of all the application’s aspects in all divisions.
- Possibility of integrating existing and future ICT infrastructure components, e.g. PBX and video room systems (Circuit Meeting Room).
- Support of the Siemens “One Phone”.
- Availability of all communication and collaboration channels in Circuit for browser, desktop and mobile devices with one consistent interface.
- Private cloud deployment from a central Atos data center following redundant design principles.
- Great scalability for voice, video and screenshare sessions based on WebRTC technology.
- Managed services and technical support worldwide from Atos.
- Integration of existing telephony infrastructure with Circuit‘s Advanced Telephony Connector (ATC).
- Use of Circuit APIs to integrate with existing applications like Syncplicity.
- Room-based video conferencing with Circuit Meeting Room (CMR).
- Agile product development process with monthly updates and customer feedback sessions.
- Efficient cooperation between teams thanks to a new communication mindset.
- Greater dialogue and cooperation across business units.
- Future-proof, intuitive communications infrastructure.
- Consistent communication processes worldwide.
- Active change and communication management as a result of continuous user feedback.
- A system architecture based on open standards.
- Protection of existing and future investments.
In a study conducted by the global independent research company iSG, Atos has been ranked leader as a Digital Workplace Services provider for all Five Workplace Services Archetypes (user archetypes are common categories of users that share the same needs).
Atos has been positioned by Gartner as a Leader for European Managed Workplace Services (MWS), based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
Future of Work
“Imagine if you could scan yourself into the office using a chip implanted in your hand. Your robot colleague would greet you and inform you of your first appointment – a virtual call with your counterpart in another country, who would appear in your office as a hologram. Sensing your feelings as you start the working day, the lights and temperature are adjusted to improve your mood.”
Head of Atos Digital Workplace
Mélanie de Vigan