Atos announces contract with Western Australian Department of Health for Major Flagship Digital Transformation Project
- Atos to support the transition and transformation of the Western Australian (WA) public health system’s ICT infrastructure into a fully managed Hybrid Digital Cloud Service
- HealthNext transition and transformation program uses GovNext-ICT services including a fully managed Oracle Cloud Platform
- Atos is the GovNext-ICT provider selected to enable Health Support Services (HSS) utilize public cloud services on demand
Paris (France); Perth (Australia), March 13, 2019
Atos, a global leader in digital transformation, has signed an AUD$124m (~EUR €78,2 million) five-year contract with the Western Australian Department of Health (WA Health) to transition and digitize its ICT systems to better support the WA public health system. Atos will work with the WA health system’s ICT service provider, Health Support Services (HSS), to transition the current legacy infrastructure from the incumbent provider to Atos Cloud platforms.
The digital transformation will utilize GovNext-ICT services to provide a Hybrid Cloud and a recurrent consumption model which scales and shrinks as required, providing WA Health with new agility that will enhance operational processes and reduce costs while improving the patient experience in the public health system. The scope of services is to provide Private Cloud, Managed Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud Orchestration, co-location and managed services for 2,000 servers, over 1,000 applications, and a fully managed Oracle Cloud platform.
The Fully Managed Oracle customer environment will be supported by both Oracle and Exadata cloud machines orchestrated into an Atos Hybrid cloud environment hosted on an Extreme Performance Pod, Digital Private Cloud utilizing Atos’ powerful BullSequana computing platform and supported by a suite of fully managed services. These services include data center housing, capacity management, monitoring and reporting, backup, disaster recovery and OS management.
The Atos Managed Public Cloud (MPC) solution, leveraging an Atos-managed ServiceNow platform, provides a single “pane of glass” for cloud consumption. MPC provides additional virtual infrastructures and operating systems to facilitate the consumption of public cloud environments, removing the burden for HSS to operate these infrastructures as well as OS, backup, DR, routing, firewall and communications dependencies. In addition, WA Health will gain governance over cloud consumption, security and compliancy.
The transition will deliver the following benefits:
- The ability to scale on-demand operational costs based on changing demand in WA Health Infrastructure needs;
- The ability to provide services with a minimum amount of process overhead regarding both time and cost;
- The ability to adopt a “pay-as-you-go” framework and avoid capital expenditure models
- The ability to leverage new technology and innovation without undertaking large-scale upgrades to infrastructure platforms;
- The ability to transform WA Health applications to modern architectural frameworks that support greater levels of availability, capacity, performance and scalability.
Shirley Ngu, Head of Information and Data Management for Atos in Australia said: “WA Health is a highly valued and strategic client we are proud to work alongside. Over several years, Atos has developed a reputation within the Government marketplace for our success of transforming key services and infrastructure workloads into the cloud. We look forward to working with the government and WA Health on their new digital journey improving healthcare services.”
Holger Kaufmann, Chief Information Officer, Health Support Services said: “The HealthNext transition program represents an opportunity to improve the way WA Health utilizes and delivers ICT services to support the provision of healthcare to the WA community. A modern and contemporary cloud-based ICT system will enable us to respond better to innovation that will help improve patient care and reduce unnecessary duplication.”
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 120,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 13 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions through its Digital Transformation Factory, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across all business sectors. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline. Atos is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
Australia: Rhoda Dinesen | email@example.com | +65 (0) 67308524