Atos launches new VSAT monitoring and geolocation system to mitigate interference as space becomes more crowded
Paris, July 12 2018
Atos, a global leader in digital transformation, launches its new satellite monitoring and geolocation system which can detect, localize and mitigate interference from the ever-increasing number of small satellite carriers and devices (Very Small Aperture Terminal – VSAT). Named Atos SkyMon ILS (Interference Localization System) VSAT, the system – formerly known as SIECAMS – is the latest innovation following Atos’ recent acquisition of Siemens Convergence Creators (CVC), resulting in reinforced capabilities in the space market.
As, over the next couple of years thousands of powerful small satellites will be launched into Low Earth Orbit (LEO), detecting and localizing interference is therefore becoming more and more crucial.
Atos SkyMon ILS VSAT, a fully integrated solution to monitor, identify and geolocate interference caused by VSAT networks
SkyMon ILS VSAT provides:
- Overview of the identified VSAT networks including all active terminals
- Monitoring of cross-pol and adjacent satellite interference for each active terminal
- Geographical location of VSAT terminals on a map
- Classification of VSAT network
- Automatic identification of TDMA carriers
- Demodulation of TDMA carriers
- List of terminal-IDs causing interference
“Atos SkyMon is the most comprehensive range of solutions to identify and geolocate any kind of satellite interference and this latest addition enables Atos to support its clients in solving the challenges of a heavily crowded space” says Pierre Barnabe, Chief Operating Officer, Big Data & Security, at Atos.
Atos SkyMon ILS VSAT is part of a complete software suite which includes:
- SkyMon ILS – interference localization system working with two adjacent satellites
- SkyMon ILS ONE – the world’s first single satellite geolocation system
- SkyMon TIS – terrestrial interference scanner to identify and localize interferences caused by terrestrial mobile communication networks
- SkyMon CID – identification of the DVB-Carrier-ID
SkyMon ILS VSAT is ready to order now and will be delivered by the end of 2018.
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with approximately 100,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of around € 12 billion. European number one in Big Data, Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing and Digital Workplace, the Group provides Cloud services, Infrastructure & Data Management, Business & Platform solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies, digital expertise and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across various business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline. Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
Terence Zakka | firstname.lastname@example.org | +33 6 95 91 96 71 | @Mr_Zakka