Atos leads C2NET consortium – the first collaborative Cloud-based platform for SMEs to support manufacturing management
Helping European SMEs to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in a global framework
Paris, Madrid, 13th April 2017
Atos, a global leader in digital transformation, leads the ‘Cloud Collaborative Manufacturing Networks’ (C2NET) consortium, launching the first collaborative Cloud-based platform for SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) in the manufacturing industry. This unique solution offers SMEs a single and affordable Cloud-supported platform, which has until now not existed. The project is funded by the European Union as part of the Horizon 2020 program and is made up of twenty partners including industrial entities, associations, research centers, ICT companies and public institutions.
C2NET supports SMEs to optimize their manufacturing and logistic supply chains by reducing the complexity currently surrounding manufacturing management systems. It offers a platform on which products, processes and logistical data can be securely stored and shared in the Cloud.
Business benefits include:
- Access to data analytics in real-time – enabling businesses to respond faster and more efficiently
- Ease of access to supply chain management information, wherever and whenever – from any mobile device (including PC, tablet, smartphone)
- An easy and secure system to collaborate and share of bestpractice to increase productivity and enhance competiveness
The project covers:
- The creation of a data collection environment - the C2NET Data Collection Framework - for IoT-based continuous data capture from supply network resources.
- Collaboration Tools – to provide support to the collaborative processes of the supply network.
- Cloud Platform – to integrate the data module, the optimizers and the collaborative tools in the Cloud.
- The Optimizers – to optimize the manufacturing and logistics assets in the supply network
In addition to leading the consortium, Atos actively participates in the design and implementation of the C2NET platform, coordinating the implementation of the pilot projects and designing the business models.
The results of C2NET will be shown in real-life scenarios through four pilots that will allow supply network partners to share assets and information via the Cloud, collaborate on production and delivery plans across the supply network and provide decision-makers with data analytics in real-time.
Four pilots have been developed:
- Automotive: To automate and encourage collaborative planning, data collection and sharing of information
- Dermo-cosmetics: To develop more collaborative, agile and distributed planning processes.
- SMEs Industrial Park. To manage logistic flow and resources more efficiently.
- Hydraulic & Lubrication: To provide suppliers and customers with a centralized hub of information, accessible from anywhere, which enables forecasting, identifies supplier delays, and checks delivery status.
The C2NET consortium is led by Atos and consists of 19 European organizations and a third party. It includes: Atos, Universidad Politécnica de València, Armines (Mines Albi as third party), IK4-Ikerlan, UNINOVA, Instituto Tecnológico de Informática, Tampere University of Technology, Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy, Linagora, Caja Magica, Faurecia, Novatec, Pierre Fabre, Interop-VLab, Fluidhouse, TecMinho, Flexefelina and Antonio Abreu Metalomecánica.
This project is funded by the European Commission under the Framework Program H2020 with Grant Agreement No. 636909. For more information: http://c2net-project.eu
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with approximately 100,000 employees in 72 countries and annual revenue of around € 12 billion. The European number one in Big Data, Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing and Digital Workplace, The Group provides Cloud services, Infrastructure & Data Management, Business & Platform solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies, digital expertise and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across various business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline. Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.