Atos drives employee carpooling initiative
Atos has launched a company carpooling app to support its 16,000 employees in France in their daily commute, strengthening the company’s commitment to corporate and social responsibility.
Accessible via the intranet, iPhone or android, the 7th sense application puts drivers and passengers in touch for any trip business trip, whether one-way or a full round trip, a one-off lift or a regular ride.
The main advantages of the application are the following:
- Extend carpooling to cover multiple routes: intersites
- An easy way for carpoolers to communicate, via an internal messaging system and Outloo
- Map with detailed points of departure and arrival (Bing Map).
- Web app accessable via smartphone.
- Secure password-protected access.
- Statistics to improve carbon footprint tracking and to improve effectiveness of promotional activities.
- Compliance with CNIL requirements: personal data management and the right to opt-out, anonymization of statistics, subscribers and how long information is stored for.
Additionally, this application is certified by ADEME *.
The service, which was launched in February 2017, has already been a great success: after just one month, more than 500 people have already signed up to the app. Most journeys (80%) are commutes from home to work. The service is also used for professional travel, such as trips between Atos offices for example, or client visits.
These initial results suggest that "professional carpooling" will continue to grow within the company. Initial feedback is positive and "Word of mouth" as well as targeted advocacy campaigns should encourage the use of the service, not only in the Paris Region but in all the Atos offices across France.
The initiative is carried out as part of Atos wellbeing@work programme.
* The ADEME supports the government in their economic and ecological transition. It is an industrial and commercial (EPIC) public body under the joint supervision of the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and the Sea and the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research.