“Atos officially opens doors of new head quarters for Benelux & The Nordics”
Amstelveen, 19 March 2016
Renewed Business Technology Innovation Center launched
During a festive and well-attended event, Atos today has opened the doors of its new headquarters for the Benelux & The Nordics. The office is located in Amstelveen - near Amsterdam in The Netherlands - at the Burgemeester Rijnderslaan 30. Mirjam van 't Veld, mayor of Amstelveen, and Rob Pols, CEO of Atos in Benelux & The Nordics, performed the official opening of the building. During a varied programme, Atos employees and their relatives were introduced to the latest technological innovations in a remarkable building that creates an environment to meet, interact and collaborate.
In the new headquarters, Atos has created a workplace that is equipped with the latest technologies and its design is based on the principles of The New way of Working. This is based on a concept focusing on social collaboration and hospitality that meets the demands of employees. The building is a meeting place where people come together to inspire each other, to collaborate and to learn. An open and bright Atrium forms the heart of the building and functions as a meeting place for employees, partners and customers, aiming to encourage creativity and innovation.
In every part of the building as well as in the furniture solutions have been implemented that enable employees to work in different ways. With different workplaces for diverse activities, as well as with new technology that facilitates a flexible way of working and collaboration with colleagues in other countries. The headquarters - as well as all Atos offices worldwide - offers a secure WiFi environment and in the Atrium free WiFi is available for guests. In the conference rooms it is possible to have meetings with teams all over the world with the latest communication tools. Moreover, employees and visitors can follow the latest news, events and activities through a Digital Signage system that distributes content to several locations within the building.
Focus on innovation
Visitors were able to take a look behind the scenes, such as in the renewed Business Technology Innovation Center (BTIC) of Atos: an interactive environment where experiencing new ideas, the latest innovations and challenges in the world of tomorrow are central. Atos demonstrated its vision and the added-value of its products and services based on live scenarios, such as big data analytics projects like CityPulse, the possibilities of Bull supercomputers, Digital Transformation, Augmented Reality, cloud computing, The New way of Working with a smartphone as workplace including Data Lost Prevention (DLP), Bring Your Own Device, Cybersecurity, Identity Management and sustainability. Moreover, visitors walked into the world of virtual reality and explored the new office wearing VR glasses.
In the Store of the Future visitors were able to experience how it feels to be in a digital shopping environment. They also took a look in the Tech Lab - the innovation lab of Atos - where employees work on new technological developments and projects every day.
“We are very proud of our new headquarters. With a view to sustainability, we have made a conscious choice for an existing office instead of a new building. Our headquarters visualizes who we are and how we look at the world, at new ways of working and how we base our solutions on the latest technological innovations,” states Rob Pols, CEO of Atos in Benelux & The Nordics. “During this open day for our employees and their relatives we aimed to give them a good impression of this. Given the numerous enthusiastic reactions we received already, we have managed to do this very well.”
The main features of the new head quarters
- Interaction and collaboration: the main focus of the concept in het building is giving the best possible support and the encouragement of coming together and working together. An open and bright Atrium is the heart of the office as well as a meeting place for where employees, partners and customers can meet and collaborate, in order to encourage creativity and innovation.
- Innovative and challenging: in every part of the building as well as in the furniture, solutions have been implemented that enable employees to work in different ways. With different workplaces for diverse activities, as well as with new technology.
- Sustainability: the renovated part of the existing building has been certified with sustainability label B, the highest sustainability level for existing buildings. Solar panels as well as a waste-heat heating system and LED lighting contribute to this.
- Technology: the implementation of new technology facilitates flexible ways of working and represents the identity of the company. All Atos offices have WiFi and in the Atrium this is available for all guests. In the conference rooms it is possible to have meetings with the latest communication tools with teams all over the world. Moreover, employees and visitors can follow the latest news, events and activities through a Digital Signage system that distributes content to several locations within the building.
- New talent: the office has a central location in the Randstad, the most densely populated area in the Netherlands, and has a lot of opportunities to recruit future talent.
- History: the original building was built in 1991 and was designed by Alberts & Van Huut. The new headquarters of Atos in Benelux & The Nordics has a surface of 9,000 m², out of a total surface of 45,000 m².
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
For more information, please contact:
José de Vries
+31 6 30 27 26 11