“For the 4th consecutive year, Atos receives A+ – the highest ranking for GRI certification”
Atos, an international IT services company, today announced that it has published its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report. Atos has followed the guidelines set out by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and has also applied the Accountability AA1000 rule. This recommends defining the corporate responsibility priorities in consultation with stakeholders in order to be a responsible employer, which creates an attractive workplace for its employees; manages the protection and security of data and reduces its environmental impact by moving towards a carbon neutral organisation. Following an external audit by Deloitte, Atos was awarded the A+* ranking by GRI for the 4th year running for all its reporting processes.
Thierry Breton, Chairman and CEO of Atos, said: “Information and communication technologies are essential levers to respond to climate change, support social development and improve financial performance and we are proud to have been awarded the highest grade from GRI for the fourth year running. Corporate responsibility is an integral part of our 2016 Ambition plan, through which we aim to operate our activities more sustainably and to provide innovative solutions and services for the good of our clients and the company as a whole.”
During 2013 Atos business technologists worked to strengthen the solutions that contribute to more sustainable development, especially in the fields of energy and utilities; health and smart mobility. The 2013 achievements underline the focus of Atos on sustainable development, for example, Atos:
- Integrated the global sustainable development index from the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World (DJSI)
- reduced its carbon footprint and aims to reduce by a further 50% by 2015
- was awarded Group A for its carbon performance by the Carbon Disclosure Project, positioning the company among the most committed leaders in response to climate change
- was positioned among the Magic Quadrant leaders by Gartner for its automated information management services – a testament to its continued focus on innovation
- was positioned by Verdantix among the frontrunners in its Green Quadrant for energy management solutions
- won the “SAP Pinnacle Award” for Sustainable Development for the second year running
- was recognised as a Great Place to Work in Austria, Poland and Turkey by the Great Place to Work® Institute
An online version of the Corporate Responsibility Report is available at: atos.net/corporateresponsibilityreport2013
*A+ is the best grade awarded by the Global Reporting Initiative. It requires management to fully set out performance rules on sustainable development, which are guaranteed by an external third party.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is an organisation that works towards a more responsible global economy by providing companies with a framework and recommendations to build their corporate responsibility relationship. For further information about this, please click here.
Atos is an international information technology services company with 2013 annual revenue of EUR 8.6 billion and 76,300 employees in 52 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers information technology services through Consulting & Systems Integration, Managed Operations, and transactional services through Worldline, the European leader and a global player in the payments services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following business sectors: Manufacturing, Retail & Transportation; Public Sector & Health; Financial Services; Telecoms, Media & Utilities.Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris Market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.