“More mobility: Volkswagen Bank extends long-term cooperation with Worldline “
- Five years contract signed for services for more than 230.000 credit cards
- Exclusive services for the new premium credit card „Volkswagen VISA Card mobil“
Volkswagen Bank extends and expands the collaboration with Worldline, Atos subsidiary in e-payment services, for an additional five years. Both parties have been collaborating since 1998 and have decided to extend their contract. The focus of today’s contract is on Worldline’s role to process services for more than 230,000 credit cards as well as exclusive services for the premium credit card "Volkswagen VISA Card mobile". These include services such as installment payment by SMS, the direct rebate program SMS service or a requested PIN.
Since 1998 Worldline manages Volkswagen Bank’s core services for the processing of more than 230,000 credit cards in Germany. These include transaction processing, authorizations, management of credit card accounts as well as clearing and settlement with Visa. As part of the "VISA Card Mobile" project, the Volkswagen Bank assigns the service provider with the implementation of the exclusive features of the new premium credit card "Volkswagen VISA Card Mobile". Since the end of last year, the Volkswagen Bank markets its contactless credit card that offers many new services – including:
- Installment payment by SMS– For the first time in Germany, customers can accept installment payments conveniently by short message and pay off in three monthly installments. Worldline instalment credit is the technical foundation.
- Requested-PIN – For the use of the VISA card mobile in shops or at cash machines a personal identification number (PIN) is required. For this situation Volkswagen Bank uses Worldline self-selected PIN with which the cardholder can conveniently and safely set their personal desire PIN.
- Direct rebate program with SMS service – Registered customers receive two percent discount on mobility revenues such as at gas stations, as well as for flights, train, ferry and bus rides, as well as all service and maintenance services provided by participating Volkswagen partners. In addition, customers can request the latest information on their sales bonus status by SMS. The underlying IT solution has been developed especially for Volkswagen Bank by Worldline.
Torsten Zibell, CEO of Volkswagen Bank GmbH explains: „The Worldline team knows our requirements very well and takes care of the details. With this reliable and innovative partner we get closer to our ambitious goal to be a leader in customer satisfaction and quality through smart innovations and technologies. Mobility and mobile payment functions are a major part of this.”
„We are very proud to have the opportunity to significantly support Volkswagen Bank since 1998 with their innovative services”, says Wolf Kunisch, CEO of Worldline in Germany & CEE. „This shows that our strategy is working, to offer customers flexible, tailor-made solutions based on our deep technical know-how and our more than 40 years of experience. The key element is the proximity to our customers: Only in this way we can always act quickly and offer local development services.“
About Volkswagen Bank
Founded in 1949, Volkswagen Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Financial Services AG. Volkswagen Financial Services AG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Braunschweig. The company is responsible for the coordination of the Volkswagen Group’s global financial services activities. Worldwide, Volkswagen Financial Services AG has 9,498 employees – including 5,319 in Germany alone. December 31, 2013, Volkswagen Financial Services AG reported a balance sheet total of nearly 91 billion euros and a stock of around 8.85 million contracts.
Worldline, an Atos subsidiary, is the European leader and a global player in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new-generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries, with 40 years of experience, Worldline is ideally positioned to support and contribute to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market. Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organised around three axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing Services & Software Licensing. In 2013, Worldline’s activities within the Atos Group generated (pro forma) revenues of 1.11 billion euros. The company employs more than 7,200 people worldwide. www.worldline.com
For more information:
Eva Palitza, Atos
+49 163 166 4221
Martina Krelaus, Akima Media,
Agenturkontakt Atos Deutschland
+49 89 17 959 18 0