About Atos Database Hotel
The Atos Database Hotel offering is a Private Cloud solution that runs in a co-location Data Center with low latency connection to GCP. Atos Database Hotel enables you to combine the advantages of Private Cloud with Oracle® license cost reduction as it is based on Oracle® Linux KVM and offers a virtualized environment with solid performance and security. You can migrate your application landscapes to GCP and place the Oracle® components on the Atos Database Hotel to save license costs. Atos Database Hotel is based on the Google Bare Metal Solution which runs on BullSequana S servers.
Incorporate Oracle® landscapes in your journey to Cloud with Google Cloud Platform
Transact via Google Marketplace and use your Google Cloud Credits for the Atos Database Hotel
Available in GCP-BMS locations worldwide
License economics: deploy up to 2 Intel Cores for 1 Processor License
Run your applications in GCP and your Database in the Database Hotel
Bull Sequana S with newest Intel Xeon processors enable more power per licensed core
Security: Single and unified identity and access management, governance and administration
Use GCP AI / ML capabilities on the data in your Oracle DB’s
Atos DB Hotel is a Google Managed Partner Service
Products – Atos DB Hotel Service packages are available to procure, purchase, deploy and use via Google Marketplace. The enabling Google Bare Metal Solution can be acquired via GCP directly.
You will sign an EULA with Atos that sets out the terms of access, use of the product, SLAs.
Atos DB Hotel runs on BullSequana S
BullSequana S by Atos is the most agile, scalable and open platform to grow digital business. With its dynamic reconfiguration capabilities, it combines exceptional performance with unparalleled agility and generates efficiencies at every level and therefore optimize costs for Oracle customers. BullSequana S with newest Intel Xeon scalable processors enable more power per licensed core.
Atos Database Hotel Security
- Enterprise grade security will be embedded in the service in full alignment with GCP security standards.
- User access will be managed seamlessly based on SSO with ‘context aware’ profiles that reflect a person’s role, rules on segregation responsibilities, and even geographical location of individuals.
Atos DB Hotel is GCP Bare Metal Solution + Service Packages
Atos DB Hotel is a private cloud service running on Google Bare Metal Solutions (GCP-BMS)
For more information see https://cloud.google.com/bare-metal
GCP-BMS will provide servers / storage / network in a Co-Location data centre with a low latency connection to GCP.
Atos DB Hotel will deliver POC, Migration and Managed Services to run Oracle Databases and other Oracle® Software close to GCP. To optimize the license footprint Atos DB Hotel will run Oracle® Linux KVM (OLVM) as hypervisor providing virtual machines with Oracle® Linux OS.
Atos DB Hotel will deliver a complete service with day-to-day management and high availability and disaster recovery set-ups based on the GCP-BMS servers (The GCP BMS servers are Atos BullSequana S servers). This service can also include Database Management and Application Management.
Prime Use Cases
- GCP Migration and DC Move out scenario’s with Oracle DB Components
- SAP to GCP migration with Oracle DB components
Start and grow in Atos Multi-Customer Private Cloud in co-location with GCP
License economics: Deploy up-to 2 Intel Cores for 1 Oracle® Proc License
Customers use their own Oracle® licenses (BYOL) and need to continue annual support for them
Depending on the available licenses of the customer it will be possible to enable HA / DR set-ups with Oracle databases (RAC, Data Guard) or applications.
Oracle® Island Architecture
All Oracle DB’s and directly connected (Oracle®) Applications / Middleware are running on the Atos DB Hotel
- Can approach Oracle DB (under security) from GCP
with Cloud Native Apps / AI / ML
- Apps and middleware have Oracle® (Core based) licensing
- Very complex queries / High performance between Apps / DB
Apps – DB split Architecture
Oracle DB runs on Database Hotel. All applications are on GCP (including new developed AI/ML)
- No License complications with Apps/Middleware
- Regular Apps / DB traffic, Limited Performance requirements
Atos DB Hotel POC: FAQ
Q: What are the main activities in a Atos DB Hotel POC?
- Phase 1: POC Preparation
- Agree POC Proof points and Timeline
- Agree with GCP-BMS on available capacity and time slots
- Set-up POC Planning with Proof Point Tests
- Approve Planning
- Agree POC Agreement / POC SOW Statement of Work
- Phase 2: Execute POC Testing
- Set-up GCP-BMS infrastructure with the required Atos DB Hotel services
- Set-up GCP application Site
- Connect Atos DB Hotel / BMS to GCP side
- Run Test Scripts
- Phase 3: Conclusion and Next steps
- Report test results
- Approve test report
- Agree Next steps / Atos DB Hotel deployment
Depending on available Bare Metal Servers, Proof points and preparation we expect a trough put time of approximately 1 month for a normal POC.
Q: In which Location and GCP region / zone we can do an Atos DB Hotel POC?
Frankfurt , Germany
- Databases in Atos DB hotel in Co-Location DC
- Applications in GCP Region / Zone : europe-west3 (Germany, Frankfurt), Zone 1 / Zone 2
Ashburn , USA
- Databases in Atos DB Hotel in Co-Location DC
- Applications in GCP: us-east4 (USA Virginia), Zone 1 / Zone 2
Q: What is the max POC capacity for Databases in Atos DB Hotel ?
A: Maximum POC Infrastructure capacity
- Maxinunn POC Capacity is aligned with the available GCP-BMS Servers.
Remark: Production capacity can be any mix of the GCP Bare Metal servers to cater for your capacity
Q: How are the software and DB Licenses arranged in the POC ?
- Basic set-up is Bring-your-own-Licenses: POC participant will bring the required licenses for the Oracle Databases and other Software under test, that are not supported by the Atos DB Hotel or GCP
Remark: Atos DB Hotel includes the following already licensed software:
- OracleVM, Oracle Linux, Atos Management Tooling
Q: What is the Set-up of the Applications and other software running on GCP? Planning and costing in the POC.
- POC Participants will move the Application part to the agreed GCP region (see Atos DB Hotel Location specifications) this activity can be included in the POC set-up planning
- POC participants will carry the GCP costs related to the Application Set-up and running during the POC duration (unless agreed otherwise)
- Participants may use the Atos fully Managed GCP set-up (AGEA Framework)
Q: what are the Financials / charges associated with the Atos DB Hotel POC?
Charges are based on the POC Planning and necessary activities
Remark: POC Charges can be agreed to be netted with final charges for a production set-up (Try and Buy)
Costing will be associated with the following items:
- Design and Planning Phase Costs ( GCP MPS / Atos / Customer consultancy hours)
- Atos DB Hotel / Databases related activities
- Infrastructure costs: Bare Metal Servers, Number of OLVM’s
- Set-up costs: Set-up Network, Set-up Test Databases (#Hours)
- Migrate Databases to POC environment, Data Anonymization
- Test Support: Run / Assistance with test scenario’s (#Hours)
- Applications GCP Side
- Support for set-up Applications, Load balancers in GCP
- Migrate Applications to the right GCP region
- Test Support: Run / Assistance with test scenario’s (#Hours)
- Atos GCP Management Tool framework if included
Getting Started with a Proof of Concept
Please register for a Proof of Concept to experience the advantages of the Atos DB Hotel in a Proof of Concept