Atos and Oracle have a long and successful history of creating solutions that add value to our mutual customers’ business since the mid 1990s.
With over 1,500 skilled Oracle professionals across the world we bring together proficiency in core technology, including database and middleware, plus vertical market sector and horizontal cross-sector applications, as well as the entire lifecycle management and Quality Assurance of these technologies.
Atos capabilities have now been further enhanced by the merger with Bull who also had Oracle Platinum Partner status in their own right.
As the all-inclusive service provider for Oracle, Atos has expertise and accreditation across the complete spectrum of applications, technologies and associated services.
For more than 20 years, Escala has been the platform of choice for mission-critical, Oracle database applications across many industries and geographies. Customers can leverage the leading per-core performance, the outstanding reliability, availability, scalability and security of Escala servers to consolidate their Oracle databases. Oracle database products are tested and certified for the AIX operating system of the Escala servers.
We offer a full range of solutions and services utilizing Oracle applications and technology. This includes the delivery of horizontal applications such as Siebel, e-Business Suite or Fusion applications, vertical applications such as Oracle Communications or technology deployment using Fusion Middleware and Business Intelligence. Our deployment choices include the flexibility to choose between on premise and cloud based software as a service models.
Atos added-value for Oracle databases
The Factsheets available for download on this page demonstrate some of Atos innovative products for Oracle databases and mission-critical environments:
- Operational Live Migration (OLM) allows automated migration of Oracle databases from HP-UX, Solaris or AIX platforms to Escala/AIX without impacting application uptime
- Operational Database Booster (ODB), takes advantage of ultra-fast storage to significantly improve Oracle database performance while protecting infrastructure investment.
Atos Services on Oracle Engineered Systems
Extensive partner ecosystem
Through the comprehensive and intelligent integration of partner product based solutions and services, we underpin and complement our own key strengths to maximize your productivity.
Extreme Performance Computing environment (EPCe) is a unique high performance computing solution, created by Atos, that delivers agility, extreme performance and high compression for major IT landscapes as a hosted service – with Oracle Engineered Systems at its core.
Atos uses powerful combinations of Oracle Engineered Systems like Exadata, Exalogic, SuperCluster, Exalytics, VCA (Virtual Computing Appliance), ZFS (Storage Appliance), BDA (Big data Appliance) to create the best performance against the lowest Total Cost of Ownership for your Oracle Landscape. This results in the following EPCe Benefits:
Extreme Performance for End Users
- The latest Oracle technologies give you faster access to data, so you can concentrate on your business.
- Data processing can be 5 to 30x faster, speeding up your core business processes for improved productivity.
- Super-fast analytical capabilities make it easier to respond to market trends and to offer enhanced customer service.
- And you will need fewer servers, reducing floor space and saving on energy consumption.
Lower TCO and Faster ROI for the Enterprise
- By moving from a Capex to an Opex model you benefit from a rapid return on investment.
- Extreme data compression means storage and network requirements are just a fraction of current costs.
Agility for Business Operations
- Atos services ensure a fast and effective implementation to help you secure the maximum benefit from your investment.
- Faster processing speeds mean a quicker time to market and improved responsiveness.
- Rapid provisioning speeds up business application development so end users can be more productive.
Simplicity for IT
- With specialist Atos services and state-of-the art Oracle technology, IT spends less time finetuning business applications.
- Oracle Engineered Systems offers standardized components so there are no integration issues.
- Faster performance means easier handling of Big Data and enhanced business continuity planning.
Atos and Oracle joined forces to deliver the VOC-Hotel offering: a Private Cloud solution designed for rapid deployment of cloud models (IaaS/PaaS). VOC-Hotel enables you to combine Private Cloud with Oracle license cost reduction because it is based on OracleVM and offers a virtualized Linux, Windows or Solaris environment with solid performance and security. VOC-Hotel is based on Oracle Private Cloud Appliance (PCA) and Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance and is already in use with large corporate and government customers.
Start and grow in Atos Multitenant Private Cloud..
- VOC Economy room: Processor Core with 288 GB high speed storage
- VOC Suite: 2 Compute Nodes met High Availability with 9 TB high speed storage
- VOC Apartment: 2 x 2 Compute Nodes met Disaster Recovery with 18 TB storage
- add Compute Nodes or ZFS storage to your Suite or Apartment or mix these options as required
…or start / grow in your own data center with your own VOC-Hotel PrivateCloud
- Start with a PCA with any mix or number of VOC-Hotel rooms
- Additional Compute Nodes or more ZFS storage or complete PCA’s when required…
“Atos VOC Hotel enables us to grow-as-we-go. The cost for Oracle licenses are directly aligned with the CPU cores that we actually use”
During the past decade the speed at which businesses move has been increasing perpetually. This is creating a need for instant access to information, greater flexibility across business processes and improved management of growing data. At the same time organizations have never faced so much pressure to control costs.
The Atos Testing Solution for Oracle is a unique approach for high quality, highly available application and infrastructure environments. The solution has the Oracle Application Testing Suite at its core, and combines Oracle’s testing tools with Atos’ world-class testing methodology and services to achieve optimized results.