Achieve net-zero with Atos
As the production and consumption of energy contributes 72% of greenhouse gases to global emissions, Energy & Utility (E&U) companies must be at the forefront of decarbonization initiatives to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees.
Emissions reduction touches the entire value chain – from production and distribution to IT and OT. Our knowledge of the complete E&U value chain and focus upon IT/OT convergence makes us the ideal partner for your decarbonization journey.
How Atos is helping clients operate more sustainably:
- Increasing energy efficiency with an AI-enabled data platform monitoring dispersed assets and avoiding unnecessary travel via the deployment of edge computing resources
- Enabling integration and load balancing of renewable energy into the grid
- Boosting asset efficiency by 6-8% for pump stations using AI-based models
- Improving mean time to repair (MTTR) by 20% using digital twin technology for wind turbine infrastructure
Net-zero is a state where we add no incremental greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. Atos is uniquely placed to guide you on this journey with our Decarbonization Center of Excellence.
We partner with you on the net-zero journey from setting strategy and science-based targets and measurements to emissions reductions and removals at scale. Contact us to discuss your decarbonization plans.
Atos aims to be the leader in secure and decarbonized digital. With our acquisition of EcoAct, a European leader in climate consulting, we provide expertise in climate change mitigation, adaptation and resilience. In addition, we have over 40 years of E&U industry experience and a portfolio of vertical solutions under our Worldgrid practice. Our 3,000 industry specialists provide support to 200+ E&U clients worldwide. We understand how to implement a digital-first approach to E&U operations.
Decarbonization Advisory: From A to Zero
- Climate strategy audit
- Science-based target setting with tailored emissions reduction plan
- Offsetting strategy and selection of a tailored portfolio of certified carbon offset credits
- Climate scenario analysis of risks and opportunities, with value chain resilience assessment
- Communication about your actions and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
Digital for Green
- Asset energy efficiency from AI-based data analysis of energy consumption behaviors
- Digital workplace solutions to support the transition to home-based working practices
- Acceleration of greenfield asset build projects through logistics tools and digital twin asset modelling
- Offsetting carbon emissions through certified carbon credits
Green for IT/OT Infrastructure
- Maturity evaluation and benchmarking for carbon footprint of existing IT/OT infrastructure
- Joint ambition workshop to develop a viable future level of decarbonization maturity
- A structured roadmap that presents actions and defines how to measure progress
- Digital twin for renewables: optimizing operations and maintenance
- AI and predictive analytics for supply/demand forecasting: balancing renewable energy production against market demand
- Smart Grid: enabling the integration of renewable energy sources into dynamic grid control
- Third party assurance of renewable energy products
Contact us to learn more about our decarbonization solutions for energy and utility organizations.
Scottish Water targets net-zero by 2040
Scottish Water have set themselves an ambitious challenge to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040, in line with the Scottish Government’s broader goals for the country.
Atos helped Scottish Water to develop and validate a roadmap to net-zero by running a one-day StratHack event on the problem statement: ‘How can Scottish Water deliver beyond net-zero by 2040 across its operational and capital activities, and how can it be delivered sooner?’
We brought together a diverse audience of engineers and managers from the workforce, Scottish Water’s digital partners, academic niche vendors and other water companies to explore the challenge and develop innovative solutions. After the StratHack event, we worked with the General Manager for Zero Emissions at Scottish Water to prioritize the key target areas for emissions reduction.
We discovered opportunities to apply AI to existing asset data to provide early-identification of excessive energy consumption and a proactive response. This led to an initial proof of concept where Atos provided a skilled team to deliver the use case on an initial set of pump stations. We discovered a 6-8% energy efficiency savings on average.