What is a chromebook
A Chromebook runs Google’s Chrome OS, which is its Chrome browser extended to the operating system. A Chromebook is fully managed in the cloud. Meaning with a Chromebook you do not have to worry about things like virus updates, local backups, software updates, or OS updates, as all runs in the cloud.
Unique aspects of a Chromebook
A Chromebook with Chrome OS is a unique device that already has transformed the way people think about a computer. This is due to the unique characteristics like:
- Chrome browser; Leverage the world’s leading browser
- Android Apps; Use enterprise apps from managed Google Play
- Thin client concept; Access Windows apps via VDI
- Lightweight OS; Start fast, stay fast
- Long battery life; Keep working all day
- Persistent session; Continuity across devices
- AI & ML; Technology that learns from you
- Form factors; Enable touch + tablet use cases
3 reasons to use a Chromebook
Secure by design
No applications or data has to remain on the device
The device starts within 8 seconds and remains fast over time
Experience in the field shows a low TCO
The overall reason for a Chromebook, is that the Chromebook completes the cloud based workplace. Users can complete the move to a cloud based workplace, resulting in a greater user experience overall.
Based on your device peripherals needs and country requirements Atos selects together with the selected Chromebook vendor the most logical model. As a reference the following device peripherals are provided.
Chrome Enterprise upgrade licence
To manage devices running Chrome OS from the Google Admin console, you need to order the Chrome Enterprise licence. The licence provides the ability to enroll devices, configure settings, and apply policies to users and devices in your organization.