What is application security?
- Critical web applications have been subject for some time to an overall process of tracking, reporting and fixing security flaws at application level, inspired by initiatives like OWASP Top 10.
- Application security is a very critical area to be incorporated in a complete cybersecurity strategy so that the vast amount of application errors are reported on time, thus reducing the software application attack surface.
Why it matters
- Exploiting vulnerabilities in the application layer is a fertile ground for attackers. 90% of the security incidents is launched by exploiting the software design and/or the code of a software application.
© Atos 2022 All rights reserved.
Support of mature technologies to the classic application security dimension of critical Internet exposed web portals, with
Static analysis: the source code analysis, performed to identify problems in the software. Dynamic analysis: the scanning process of an already packed application (i.e., an executable). Real-time protection: devoted to the scanning process in a real-time fashion, for instance via WAF.
The need to integrate application security into the entire application lifecycle
Evolutions in the application field require the various types of application security testing (Static, Dynamic, Interactive, Mobile, …) to be embedded into the Application Lifecycle Management tooling.
Heavy influencing of the most recent evolutions in application security on tooling to be used in the context of
• Integrated ALM with DevOps and DevSecOps
• Cloudification combined with containerisation and automation,
• Orientation toward API an microservices end goal of staying in front of the attackers for a change.
of those technologies are either already adopted by most organizations or will be in the next two years.
of those technologies are expected to be adopted in the next 2 to 5 years cycle.
of those technologies are transformational and wide spread adoption will take over 5 years.