Endpoint & Mobile Security
Endpoint & mobile security
What is Endpoint & Mobile security?
- It combines all solutions, practices and methodologies adopted to protect corporate assets accessed remotely via wireless devices such as laptops, tablets, mobiles, smart watches, …
- AI and Edge Computing are expected to challenge most of Endpoint implementations and architectures with the switch to an architecture where
• “client components” become more intelligent and autonomous to react faster
• the “central control component” moves to the Edge.
Why it matters
- Endpoint & Mobility Security plays a major role in the overall security ecosystem as each remote device accessing the corporate network is a potential security hazard and entry point for attacks. The risk is getting worse with the rising deployment of Edge and IoT..
© Atos 2022 All rights reserved.
you cannot protect what you do not see. A proactive approach to visibility will be a key requirement for any Endpoint Security solution, especially as the BYOD culture expands and IoT devices are fully adopted by organisations . Among technologies providing improvements in this area :Zero Trust Network Access, new Unified Endpoint Management solutions and other BYOD solutions.
Security by design
The more data management is moving towards the edge, the more there is a need to better protect the data itself. Data must be protected wherever it sits, and whenever it moves, with proper encryption, access control and any other suitable controls according to the data status (processing, storage, transport…). Many technologies are evolving today to meet that need such as : DLP technologies, hardware-based security, digital rights management and application shielding.
AI is especially useful in Endpoint Security, as it helps improve detection capabilities and automates response to threats in real time, reducing the time span of the attackers’ cyber kill chain. Examples of AI applied to Endpoint Security are present in new developments for NextGen Antivirus solutions, API Threat Protection systems or new malware protection technologies based on Machine Learning techniques.
of those technologies are either already adopted by most organizations or will be in the next two years.
of those technologies are expected to be adopted in the next 2 to 5 years cycle.
of those technologies are transformational and wide spread adoption will take over 5 years.