Decarbonization is a must in today’s TMT market
Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) organizations experience constant growth in carbon emission, as the importance of access to content and the ability to communicate increases worldwide.
- The contribution of the IT sector to humanity’s carbon footprint represents 3.8% of global GHG emissions (EcoAct 2020 Sustainability Performance Report). With global data traffic expected to grow around 60% per year, the industry’s share will grow further unless investments in energy efficiency and renewables can offset the effect. (Source: bcg)
- With streaming platforms ever hungry for content, demand for TV and film production is set to increase at a phenomenal rate. The rate of increase is such that by 2022, video viewing will account for 82% of all internet traffic.
Digitalization enabling decarbonization
Telecoms, Media and Technology organizations have opportunities to use digital technologies to recognize the importance of timely and data-driven net zero strategies and decision making, decarbonize their own operations and supply chains while supporting the sustainability goals of other industries. In partnership with governments, public agencies, supply chains and communities, we have a vital role in helping shift public awareness and behavior towards a more innovative, inclusive and green society.
Achieve net-zero with Atos
Calculating carbon footprints is not rocket science, but it does demand a sufficient understanding of the technology itself to give accurate results.
As a leader in decarbonized digital and a founding member of the European Green Digital Coalition, Atos has strengthened its net zero digital solutions and expertise with highly specialized skills from EcoAct, an Atos company. Together, we provide innovative and practical solutions for Telecoms, Media and Technology organizations on achieving their climate change goals and become a champion in net-zero.
The Atos Decarbonization Center of Excellence is available to guide Telecom, Media and Technology organizations through four phases to address climate change and reduce carbon in core digital and business processes.
Why choose Atos Decarbonization services?
Atos ranked Number 1 in the IT and software services sector by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) World and Europe indexes in 2020
Atos is named on CDP ‘A List’ for leading efforts against climate change in 2020
Atos is awarded Platinum by EcoVadis for its outstanding CSR performance in 2020
Atos ranks among the top 4% of companies in its industry in Morgan Stanley Capital International’s (MSCI) Environment Social Governance rating in 2020
Transform your business & your net zero journey
Decarbonization Level Agreement
Embark a carbon reduction commitment through our Decarbonization Level Agreement that is:
- Measurable – Commitment to reduce carbon from 10% to 25% over standard Digital Workplace, Cloud, Infrastructure Data management contracts
- Binding – Atos will offset the CO2 not reduced aligned to the contract, thanks to carbon compensation services offered by EcoAct
- Auditable – External 3rd party auditor monitors carbon and energy figures within the contract every year
ITVFind out about ITV’s net zero journey, what’s behind their ambitious sustainability drive and what are the main challenges of transitioning to net zero.
Read the client story
TelefonicaEcoAct has been working with Telefónica to establish a strategic supplier engagement programme and in setting ambitious Scope 3 targets aligned with the most recent climate science.
Read the client story
Havas Media FranceHavas Media France is stepping up its CSR approach and partnered with EcoAct to measure the carbon impact of all its clients’ multi-media campaigns.
Read the news
EcoAct, an Atos company, works together with Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telefónica, Telia Company and Vodafone on new consumer labelling to identify more sustainable mobile phones.
It’s not really clear who said “never let a good crisis go to waste” but, unfortunately, this may be one of those moments. Future generations might thank us.
Digitization and decarbonization will need to move forward together to ensure that digitization acts as a driver for change in the next decade and beyond.
Interested in learning how our solutions can help your company? Contact us to schedule a time to speak to a net zero expert.