Atos ranked as leader for SAP HANA Services in Germany for the sixth year in a row
The technology and consulting company Information Services Group (ISG) has ranked Atos as a leading provider of SAP HANA services in Germany for the sixth time in a row. Atos received a “Leader” rating in all categories. ISG thus once again confirms that Atos has comprehensive SAP HANA expertise and occupies a top position among IT service providers in this area. As a leader, Atos is a strategic pacesetter, opinion leader, and guarantor of innovative strength and stability.
In the current study, ISG examined 39 IT service providers on the German market. The study looked for the best service providers in the following segments:
- S/4HANA System Transformation – Large Accounts
- S/4HANA System Transformation – Midmarket
- Managed Application Services for SAP ERP
- Managed Cloud Services for SAP HANA
- SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) and Intelligent Technologies
Evaluation criteria were
- Strategy & Vision
- Brand awareness and market presence
- Sales and partner landscape
- Breadth and depth of service offering
- Technological advancements
The key findings – excerpts from the ISG Provider Lens™ study
- Atos has a clearly structured portfolio with numerous preconfigured solutions and has continuously expanded its position in the DACH region in recent years.
- Atos has a powerful delivery model with strong onshore and nearshore presence in the DACH region and can point to powerful support tools and comprehensive end-to-end expertise.
- With the “Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud for SAP”, Atos provides a comprehensive solution for the management of complex system landscapes. The company has a high level of expertise and many years of experience with all common deployment options, including hybrid models.
- Atos focuses on the integration of production-related data when using the Business Technology Platform and can also convince with its use in the context of advanced analytics.
ISG Provider Lens™ Classifications
The ISG Provider Lens™ quadrants are created using an evaluation matrix containing four segments (Leader, Product & Market Challenger and Contender), and the providers are positioned accordingly.
Leaders have a comprehensive product and service offering,
a strong market presence and established competitive position. The product portfolios and competitive strategies of Leaders are strongly positioned to win business in the markets covered by the study. The Leaders also represent innovative strength and competitive stability.
Product Challengers offer a product and service portfolio that reflect excellent service and technology stacks. These providers and vendors deliver an unmatched broad and deep range of capabilities. They show evidence of investing to enhance their market presence and competitive strengths.
Market Challengers have a strong presence in the market and offer a significant edge over other vendors and providers based on competitive strength. Often, Market Challengers are the established and well-known vendors in the regions or vertical markets covered in the study.
Contenders offer services and products meeting the evaluation criteria that qualifies them to be included in the IPL quadrant. These promising service providers or vendors show evidence of rapidly investing in products/ services and follow sensible market approach with a goal of becoming a Product or Market Challenger within 12 to 18 months.