Exclusive Atos CEO Fireside Chat
Elie Girard, Atos CEO and Dave Seybold, Atos CEO for North America, will share with you in more detail the change on its way at Atos.
2021 is a year of transition for the Atos Group, as we accelerate our transformation to focus more on the key business areas of Digital, Cloud, Security and Decarbonization. During the Fireside Chat, Elie and Dave will talk more about the programs and initiatives underway that support their vision for Atos to be the leader in secure and decarbonized digital and that were announced in our H1 results posted in July this year:
- Completed the Spring transformation program, designed to implement an industry-led and customer-centric organization. Atos target industries are Manufacturing, Financial Services & Insurance, Public Sector & Defense, Telecom, Media & Technology, Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Retail, Transport & Logistics, Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Optimizing classic infrastructure activities across the Group (eg: in Germany we have reached an agreement with our social partners on a turnaround plan associated with the reduction of circa 1300 of infrastructure staff).
- Launched a deep cultural change program called Leap.
- Continuing to intensify our bolt-on acquisition program (18 since January 2020 including EcoAct, Miner & Kasch, Paladion, Maven Wave, Eagle Creek and Ipsotek).
- Finalized our strategic portfolio review and are now looking for partners for several classic infrastructure activities that represent circa 20% of the Group revenue.
Chief Executive Officer, Atos
Elie Girard is a graduate of the École Centrale de Paris and of Harvard University. He began his career as auditor at Andersen, before joining the Ministry for the Economy, Finance and Industry in the Treasury department.
Between 2004 and 2007, Elie Girard worked for the Office of the Minister for the Economy, Finance and Industry in France.
He joined Orange in 2007 and was appointed Chief of Staff to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. From 2010 to 2014, he was Senior Executive Vice-President in charge of Strategy & Development of the Orange group, member of the Group Executive Committee.
In April 2014, Elie Girard joined Atos as Deputy Chief Financial Officer of Atos Group. He was appointed Group Chief Financial Officer in February 2015 and Group Senior Executive Vice President in February 2018. In March 2019, Elie was appointed Group Deputy Chief Executive Officer. He became Chief Executive Officer of Atos in November of the same year.
CEO Atos North America
Dave Seybold is the CEO of Atos North America. Dave and his leadership team are responsible for $3 billion in revenue and 11,000 technologists, who ensure that customers stay at the forefront of digital transformation and realize their business goals through technology. Atos North America includes the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Guatemala.
Dave is an experienced, global business leader that is inspired by creating business value through digital, cloud technologies and leading diverse, global teams. He joins Atos with a lengthy career where he held senior executive positions at Avanade (Microsoft – Accenture Joint Venture) and IBM.
Prior to Atos, Dave was the North America President of Avanade where, by emphasizing experience-led consulting services, he reversed negative revenue growth in 2017 to 36% growth from 2018-2020. While at IBM, Dave led the rapid development of Global Business Services delivery capabilities. He also led GBS’s Southern Europe Consulting services and filled key P&L management roles in the United States.
In Dave’s last role, he was the GBS Global Leader for IBM Software and Cloud Business Solutions where he was responsible for IBM’s cross business model: “Cloud Business Solutions.” During his career at Avanade and IBM, he has led global teams while living in Bangalore, Madrid, and the US.