Industry: Sports & Major Events
Region: South America, Brazil
HQ: São Paulo
“All SPFC employees have been positively affected by the integration and accuracy of the information, which allows for faster and better decisions and even better service for our 16 million supporters”
Gol! This is a story about how one of the world’s top football clubs is achieving a winning position in our new digital world
By partnering with Atos, São Paulo Futebol Clube enters an exclusive group at the top of the table in terms of digital innovation.
Since its foundation in 1930, SPFC has grown to have one of the largest and most faithful fan bases in Brazilian football.
Enterprises in any other sector can learn a lot from football. Football is the ultimate demonstration of customer loyalty: once an SPFC supporter, always an SPFC supporter.
- SPFC relied on non-integrated data and process management tools to administer their business and fan-base.
- Changes to reporting and compliance legislation demanded a more agile, transparent and responsive approach.
- The club needed a digital platform which would respond to these requirements and establish a foundation for online engagement with 17 million supporters.
- SPFC needed a partner with extensive and demonstrable SAP skills and a strong local presence in Brazil.
- The world’s top football clubs use SAP to optimize player performance, business management and engagement with fans.
- SPFC is now part of the elite football community.
- Atos designed a fully integrated SAP solution for the club, and managed all aspects of implementation, data-migration and training.
- With a cloud-based model, Atos also provides hosting and management services.
- Phased implementation covered finance, accounting, procurement in the first wave in under eight months.
- Since completing phase one, SPFC has increased operational efficiency by 70%. This is thanks, in part, to the automated population of data and minimized need to search and re-key.
- Administrative costs have been cut by 50%.
- The new SAP HANA platform has been enthusiastically adopted by staff who find it easy-to-use and responsive.
- SAP HANA makes SPFC ready for a new wave of digital engagement with fans around the world.
Strategy and Innovation Director, Sports & Major Events
Head of Strategy Sports & Entertainment, Atos