HQ: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Company size: 1,200 employees
“Atos is more than just another IT vendor…Leveraging all the benefits of orchestrated public and private cloud for our SAP landscape, we have flexibility and scalability without the need to manage security and daily operations by ourselves. We have a state-of-the-art network with no outages and truly optimized ICT costs.”
Robert Jan van der Horst
Chief Information Officer, Centrient Pharmaceuticals
Working at the forefront of the fight against antimicrobial resistance, Centrient Pharmaceuticals operates to the highest standards of sustainability, reliability and quality.
At the same time, the company faces intense competitive challenges and complex regulatory requirements.
To achieve its ambitions, Centrient Pharmaceuticals asked Atos to completely restructure its global IT and deliver an optimized model that enables maximum agility and efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance.
Now, Centrient Pharmaceuticals has truly world-class unified IT, with a standardized SAP environment where most of systems are migrated to Azure Cloud and modernized application landscape. This has delivered improvements in business performance, reporting and user satisfaction, all while reducing costs.
As well as complying with new serialization legislation (for full tracking of prescription drugs along the supply chain), as a global company, Centrient Pharmaceuticals must optimize efficiency of systems and processes while maintaining agility. As its strategic technology partner, Atos’ challenge was to:
- Design and implement one robust global model
- Extend SAP as an enterprise-wide standard, integrating all core business processes
- Create an application landscape with global digital workplace tools.
- An end-to-end single global IT infrastructure
- Improved and integrated core business processes
- Consistent global support for excellence and efficiency
- Strong, simple IT governance, combining global consistency with local responsiveness.
- Atos migrated already the business warehouse and solution manager landscapes successfully to Azure and in 2020 will migrate the remaining systems and upgrade them to HANA.
To support collaboration and ensure security, Atos also implemented:
- A hybrid cloud-based Atos Adaptive Workplace (Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365).
- Centrient Pharmaceuticals has a flexible and scaleable digital core
- The SAP solution adheres to safety and compliance requirements throughout the product lifecycle
- Business processes are standardised and harmonized for enhanced efficiency and reporting across the SAP landscape
- IT costs are truly optimized, significantly reducing the company’s total cost of operating
- Colleagues worldwide communicate and collaborate easily and quickly
- End user satisfaction has increased.
In preparing for this year’s TechEd in Barcelona I had lots of walks with my dog trying to explain to her (in a somewhat one-sided discussion…) why I believe that creating a private option for the SAP Cloud Platform product is a brilliant move towards solving a number of challenges we have previously faced.
Atos has been selected by SAP, a market leader in enterprise application software, to be a partner in supplying SAP Cloud Platform, private edition, its dedicated customer cloud offering for application development, extensibility and integration.
Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud for SAP on Azure
How to benefit from a cost-effective, secure and flexible solution, accelerating time-to-market for applications and increasing security of SAP solutions in the cloud
Portfolio Product Manager
Global Service Architect
Michael van den Berg