OHB System AG
Industry: Public Sector
Region: Western Europe
Requirements for take-off
OHB is Germany’s first listed space and technology group and one of the three leading space companies in Europe. OHB delivers to international customers such as space agencies and governments sophisticated space technology solutions and systems through its three business units – Space Systems, Aerospace and Digital. Many years of experience in the high-tech segment and the combination of space and telematics skills ensure that the OHB is excellently positioned as one of the major independent forces in European space flight.
The global satellite industry is developing rapidly. The increase in satellite projects and large-scale constellation programs is also presenting many space and technology groups with major challenges. This also applies to OHB.
- Higher efficiency in testing
- Cost reduction
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- Improved user experience
New version improves functionality
ProUST UniverSAS® is a system for performance tests on satellites. In cooperation with international experts, Atos developed a new version of the ProUST UniverSAS® with numerous improved functions as part of the General Support Technology Program (GSTP) of the European Space Agency (ESA). This new version made it easier for engineers to carry out performance tests.
Reduced costs and carbon footprint
ProUST UniverSAS® is the most competitive product on the market and the best option, both for full satellite and subsystem testing and for flatsat development phases. From an ecological point of view, this project is very innovative and significantly reduces OHB’s carbon footprint.
- Increased efficiency by facilitating the execution of performance tests. All functions can be efficiently configured and controlled remotely.
- Reduced costs and time by simplified assembly of satellites as well as by reduction of diagnostic time with special maintenance functions.
- Reduced CO2 emissions for possible energy savings of up to 90 percent in energy recovery mode.
- Up to 50 percent space savings in test centers. Replacement of multiple test devices with a more compact format of the new version.