Industry: Financial Services
Region: The Netherlands
Company size: 1,400 employees
“An effective co-operation based on a partnership with a shared focus on results. Enabled by a professional management of Atos aimed at quality, productivity and project management”
DevOps and Scrum at the basis of successful implementation national CIZ indication system.
Over 25,000 suppliers of health care services consider it self-evident that they are able to apply for 1 million indications at the Dutch Centre of Healthcare Indications (CIZ) every year. This amounts up to a total sum of 27 billion euro.
CIZ gives an indication or estimates if these claims for AWBZ care have legitimacy. With an indication of CIZ citizens know which healthcare services they are entitled to and in which form these will be offered to them.
The system that facilitated these processes in the past reached the end of its lifecycle in 2013. In order to be prepared sufficiently for all the upcoming changes CIZ focused its information strategy on the implementation of flexibility and scalability as well as on making its key systems and IT infrastructure future proof.
In order to realize this, CIZ has developed the new IT system Portero in cooperation with Atos, replacing the old system dating from 1994. On 25 November 2013 Atos delivered a completely new information system for the evaluation of application for ABWZ health care services. Atos was responsible for the design, development and the testing of all applications. Moreover, it built an OTAP environment and supported the migration of data from 17 databases to one new uniform system.
- CIZ was formed in 2005 as a result of a merger between 80 organizations.
- The assessment and allocation of indications for ABWZ health care services – were supported by an information system dating from 1994.
- The system comprised no less than 17 databases and was not able to anticipate upcoming changes in legislation.
- CIZ selected Atos for the development of a completely new indication system: Portero.
- Portero enables optimal digital process support and has the scalability in order to prepare the system for the upcoming decentralization of the ABWZ.
- As a result of this effective approach CIZ is able to implement a new release every week if this is required.
- The implementation costs of new functionalities have been reduced with 30 per cent.
- The IT department of CIZ has been down-sized with almost 50 per cent.