“Atos enters the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World”
Paris, 12th November 2013
For the first time, Atos has been awarded to be member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World (DJSI), recognition that demonstrates its corporate responsibility leadership worldwide.
DJSI World tracks the performance of the top 10% of the 2500 largest companies in the field of environmental and social responsibility.
This acknowledgement is a new milestone for Atos in terms of sustainability. Awarded A+ for the past 3 years from the Global Reporting Initiative for its corporate responsibility report and rewarded by the “Great Place to Work Institute” for a number of its geographies, Atos aims to set the benchmark within the IT services Industry.
“We are pleased to announce that Atos is today part of global best-in-class performers in the field of corporate sustainability. This official recognition highlights our continued and long-term commitment to place sustainability as the foundation of our corporate strategy and, based on our experience, to accompany our clients to environmental and social excellence. We are proud tooffer fully integrated carbon neutral hosting services to help our clients decarbonize their activities.Our ambition is to be recognized as an innovative and socially responsible company across all our geographies and a long-term partner for our customers”, says Thierry Breton, CEO of Atos.
As part of its corporate responsibility global strategy, Atos has further embedded in 2013 sustainability in the company´s DNA promoting its corporate values, green operations and innovative client solutions, while delivering a number of businesses, social and environmental commitments, including the following:
- Atos has been awarded A+ score, the highest qualification level for its Corporate Responsibility report, from the Global Report Initiative for the third year in a row,
- Atos offers fully integrated carbon neutral hosting services, as part of its Zero Carbon program, which aims to reduce its carbon footprint by 50% by 2015 (2008 baseline), and includes the offset of the remaining carbon emissions produced by our datacenters,
- Atos has implemented the SAP® Sustainability Performance Management analytic application across offices in 52 countries to help achieve its sustainability goals. This deployment has reduced the time and cost of collecting relevant information and compiling disclosures and has further ensured that its operations mapped to the corporate social responsibility objectives,
- Atos has rolled-out of the Smart Campus concept to Pune, its main Indian location, where a sustainable office environment is fully operational. The Smart Campus concept is promoting new ways of working based on new collaborative tools. This concept is intended to be extended in the coming years to all main Atos locations,
- Atos has also consolidated a full ecosystem of targeted partnerships to create more sustainable business operations with notably SAP (to develop e.g. Intelligent Sustainability reporting tool), AOS Studley (to offer Smart Campus concept), Bolloré (to promote sustainable mobility in the city), or Siemens (monitoring of energy efficiency in datacenters).
An online version of the Corporate Responsibility Integrated Report can be viewed here.
Atos SE (Societas europaea) is an international information technology services company with 2012 annual revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 77,100 employees in 52 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers IT services in 3 domains, Consulting & Technology Services, Systems Integration and Managed Services & BPO, and transactional services through Worldline. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail & Services; Public sector, Healthcare & Transports; Financial Services; Telco, Media & Utilities.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is quoted on the NYSE Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
Tel +33 (0) 1 73 26 13 97