“Worldline, the European leader in e-payments transactional services is up and running”
Paris, 24 July 2013
Atos, an international IT services company, today confirms the completion of the carve-out process announced last February of its global payment and transactional activities. Operational since July 1st, Worldline, an Atos company, combines in one entity the payment and transactions activities of Atos to form a European leader in these domains.
With estimated pro forma revenues of EUR 1068 million in 2012, Worldline will operate under its own brand in 17 countries with a global reach and offices across Asia and Latin America. Worldline employs over 7,100 employees worldwide.
Gilles Grapinet, Atos Senior Executive Vice President Global functions, has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Worldline; Marc-Henri Desportes, former Executive Vice President of Atos High-Tech Transactional (HTTS) Service Line is appointed General Manager of Worldline.
Thierry Breton, Chairman and CEO of Atos and Worldline Chairman said: “We are proud to have launched Worldline operations, the Atos subsidiary for e-payment transactional services. It is a new step forward that will provide us the strategic and financial flexibility to expand Worldline's product offerings across the entire transaction value chain including developing strong alliances and partnerships worldwide”.
Gilles Grapinet, Atos Senior Executive Vice President Global functions and Worldline CEO said: “The carve-out of Atos payment and merchant transactional activities has been successfully completed in the timeframe announced earlier this year. Now, Worldline is ideally positioned and equipped to act as a leader in the fast-growing and constantly evolving European payment market landscape while developing its global reach in Asia and Latin America. With the Top Management team of Worldline, Marc-Henri Desportes as General Manager and Christophe Duquenne, COO, we are enthusiastic to lead the company in this new and very promising journey.”
Worldline's competences in integrating end-user-focused business technologies give it the ability to support any company or administration to provide services to consumers or citizens. The development of its portfolio is organized around three complementary business pillars:
- Merchant Services and Terminals – Leveraging consumer engagement with cutting-edge, seamless services for merchants on any device – before, during and after the point of sale – with payment as the “single point of truth.”
- Mobility and e-Transactional Services – Creating new contextual digital products for business innovation and operational efficiency, such as seamless journey management and connected living services.
- Financial Processing and Software Licensing– The heart of Worldline's expertise for over 40 years. Industrial payment processing for financial institutions that enables new forms of payment and data value optimization, such as combining the mobile wallet with data analytics.
In a fast-moving and mobility-driven world, Worldline's ambition is to help retailers and financial institutions provide a seamless and innovative transactional experience to their end users and grow their revenue streams. The new entity's leading position in the payment sector is enhanced by its ability to leverage Atos' large and strong customer base and geographical presence. The Group has obtained the approvals from employee representatives, both at European and local levels, in compliance with the current regulations for the creation of Worldline.
Marc-Henri Desportes, Worldline General Manager said “Worldline's end-to-end customized or ready to use solutions help customers from all business sectors and across the globe to anticipate market developments and to optimize the performance of their digital transactions. Our ambition is to drive Worldline for providing e-payment services and industry expertise to support customers' top line growth as well to permanently grow innovation as a key lever to enhance their competitiveness.”
Some Facts about Worldline
- Worldline pro forma 2012 revenues are EUR 1068 million.
- Operates in 17 countries worldwide with over 80% of turnover in Europe.
- Employs over 7,100 employees worldwide.
- The company has over 40 years of expertise.
- It has over 1 million terminals all over the world and manages billions electronic transactions each year.
- It supports millions of travelers in their daily journey.
- The Technologies and Products division, in charge of developing the Worldline terminal, is ISO 9001:2000 certified.
- It is the #1 Commercial acquirer in Benelux; #1 e-commerce payment provider in France; #1 POS acceptance platform in Germany; #1 Issuing processing in Germany; #1 POS Terminal provider in the Netherlands; #1 DCC acquiring provider in India and Leading Issuing solution provider in Asia and #1 Connected Vehicles Services Provider in Europe.
- It has blue-chip clients across the globe.
Worldline is a global player and the European leader in business and payments transactional services. It provides business enabling IT services to support customers' top line growth through an innovative, new and seamless user experience designed for engagement. With an unrivalled 40 years of experience and strong local links, Worldline is ideally positioned to support businesses of all sizes and contribute to their success in today's fast growing and constantly evolving market landscape. The company generated annual revenues of € 1.1 billion in 2012 and employs over 7,100 people worldwide. worldline.com
Atos SE (Societas europaea) is an international information technology services company with annual 2012 revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 77,000 employees in 47 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers IT services in 3 domains, Consulting & Technology Services, Systems Integration and Managed Services & BPO, and transactional services through Worldline. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail & Services; Public sector, Healthcare & Transports; Financial Services; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Energy & Utilities. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is quoted on the NYSE Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
For more information:
Jose de Vries
+31 6 30 27 26 11
+33 6 85 08 70 25