“Atos receives the highest GRI rating of A+ for its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Integrated Report”
Paris, 2 July 2013
Atos, an international IT services company, published its fourth Corporate Responsibility Report – its first “integrated” report – in line with the guidelines from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and AA1000 Accountability, the international standards for Sustainability Reporting and Stakeholder Engagement. An external auditor has certified the social and environmental indicators and assured the overall process, enabling the report to achieve the A+ qualification from the GRI. In addition, the report is compliant with Grenelle II – the new French regulation for listed companies building on the European Union Modernization Directive, 2003.
"The environmental and societal challenges we face, means that Atos needs to constantly reinvent itself in order to create new solutions. For a Digital Services company like ours, this is a great opportunity to think differently in the workplace, or resource management, or transport our employees or communicate our business and technological solutions must allow these changes. Information technology is a key driver of sustainable development, and we strive to demonstrate this to our customers. The program that we have deployed since 2009 reflects a continued commitment to all of our businesses and geographies. The publication of our fourth CSR report for which we have obtained an A + rating for the third consecutive year, once again confirms our constant search for excellence and shows the tangible benefits to Atos and its stakeholders, "said Thierry Breton, CEO of Atos.
The main goals of Atos' corporate responsibility strategy for 2012 were to consolidate positions in worldwide recognized sustainable rankings and further embed sustainability in the company´s DNA with new corporate values, green operations and innovative client solutions. All of these challenges were met, and Atos delivered a number of business, social and environmental commitments, including the following:
- Implementation of the SAP® Sustainability Performance Management analytic application across its offices in 42 countries to help achieve its sustainability goals. Atos reduced the time and cost of collecting relevant information and compiling disclosures while further ensuring that its operations mapped to the corporate social responsibility objectives.
- The launch of the Atos MyCar in December electric car project. The MyCar electric cars at Atos Headquarters in Bezons, France, are available for use by its employees to visit clients.
- The roll-out of the Atos Smart Campus concept to Atos campus in Pune, India, where a sustainable office environment is fully operational. The Atos Smart Campus concept is promoting new ways of working based on new collaborative tools. This concept is intended to be extended in the coming years to all main Atos locations.
- The launch of an internal social enterprise platform, blueKiwi, following the acquisition in March of blueKiwi, Europe's largest SaaS provider of enterprise social software. This platform enables a new form of internal collaboration between business technologists, in line with Atos' Zero email™ ambition to promote new ways of working using collaborative tools and reducing email overload.
- Three Atos locations – Poland, Austria and Turkey – have been awarded by the Great Place To Work Institute as the best workplaces in their respective countries.
- The pursuit of Atos Zero Carbon ambition, with the target to reduce Atos global carbon footprint by 50% by 2015. This is based on a 2008 baseline, of which a 41% reduction has already been achieved, and our carbon offsetting program designed to provide carbon-neutral IT services to our customers.
An online version of the Corporate Responsibility Integrated Report can be viewed here.
(*)A+ is the highest level qualification from the Global Reporting Initiative requiring entire management disclosure on sustainability performance standards and assurance by a third external party.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is a network-based organization that has pioneered the development of the world's most widely used sustainability reporting framework and is committed to its continuous improvement and application worldwide. Find out more on GRI here.
Atos SE (Societas europaea) is an international information technology services company with annual 2012 revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 76,400 employees in 47 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers Hi-Tech Transactional Services, Consulting & Technology Services, Systems Integration and Managed Services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail & Services; Public sector, Healthcare & Transports; Financial Services; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Energy & Utilities. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is quoted on the NYSE Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
For more information:
Jose de Vries
+31 6 30 27 26 11