“Atos brings innovative IT solutions to BtoB markets through global strategic cooperation with Samsung”
Seoul-Paris June 10th 2013
Atos to develop advanced BtoB offering for large enterprises and the Public Sector, including end-to-end retail technology, digital signage, connected vehicles, end user cloud computing and mobility solutions, leveraging on Samsung technology.
Thierry Breton, Atos Chairman and CEO and Boo-Keun Yoon, CEO and President of Consumer Electronics Division at Samsung Electronics celebrated the conclusion of a strategic partnership in Seoul to jointly develop and market advanced IT solutions for BtoB markets. Building on Atos' industry leading integration capabilities and Samsung's innovative technology, the joint offering will include end-to-end retail, digital signage, connected vehicle, end user computing, printing and mobile solutions.
With tablet and BtoB display sales set to double by 2016, Atos, the European leader in IT services, and Samsung Electronics share a similar vision and strategy regarding the ongoing trend of consumerisation of IT services into the enterprise market.
- For Atos, the cooperation supports its vision of the next IT revolution that will transform the way enterprises leverage and consume IT. Big Data, Mobility and Cloud services represent significant opportunities for customers. The cooperation will allow Atos to offer its clients cutting edge solutions and services that benefit from the most advanced consumer trends.
- For Samsung, the BtoB market remains a strategic focus as the company looks to strongly grow the share of its revenue in this sector over the next years. Samsung's cooperation with Atos will support its objective to provide effective solutions to enterprise markets.
The combined strength of both companies will allow them to carve out a unique value proposition by combining innovative consumer technology with promising enterprise computing applications and technology such the mobility, display, big data and security.
Leveraging its worldwide infrastructure and proven know-how in IT services, Atos will integrate and deliver solutions that will help customers in retail, banking, automotive and public services realize the benefits of Samsung's innovative technology:
- Retailers will benefit from smart solutions like data-driven shopper engagement technology that provides a unique in-store experience.
- Car dealers will soon be able to offer consumers the ability to smoothly integrate their own tablet and display devices in the vehicle. Logistics and transportation sectors will further benefit from these developments as they will be able to better manage and optimize deliveries.
- Large Enterprises and Public Administration work environments will be transformed. Secured end-user environments and BYOD (“Bring Your Own Device”) solutions will facilitate the integration of tablets, mobile and light desktop in the overall infrastructure.
- Lastly, the partnership will provide end-user solutions that facilitate the deployment of devices in the private or hybrid cloud enterprise environment, based on the latest virtualization techniques.
Thierry Breton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Atos, said: “I am very pleased to announce our strategic partnership with Samsung. Today, mobility and consumer electronics are radically changing the world of IT and enable new ways of working and selling, by improving customer experience in a connected world. The innovative solutions we will launch with enterprise-grade services will ensure that Atos is well positioned to play a leading role in this new and growing market. The value of today's strategic cooperation is very promising for our customers as it has been designed to leverage the joint capabilities of Atos and Samsung so as to offer our clients the best one-stop-shop services.”
Boo-Keun Yoon, CEO and President of Consumer Electronics Division at Samsung Electronics said, “We are delighted to announce this strategic collaboration today. In today's connected age, businesses need technology that helps them to adapt, compete and succeed, together with Atos we will deliver that technology.”
The partnership will leverage the common channels of Atos and Samsung to bring to market a portfolio of end-to-end services and will cover solution development, marketing, communication and customer care.
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is an international information technology services company with annual 2012 revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 76,400 employees in 47 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting and technology services, systems integration and managed services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail, Services; Public sector, Healthcare & Transport; Financial Services; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Energy & Utilities. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
For more information, contact:
Media Relations, Atos: Bénédicte Brissart Direct Line : +33173261397
Investor Relations, Atos: Gilles Arditti: T: +33 6 11 69 81 74 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations, Atos : Luc Barbier: T: +33 6 32885270 E: email@example.com
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.