“Atos is the official partner of the ‘Global Conference’, organized by The Planet Workshops, for the fourth consecutive year”
Paris, 03 June 2013
Debate “Towards a smart and decarbonized economy” with Thierry Breton, Chairman and CEO of Atos
Atos, an international IT services company, is pleased to support the “Global Conference” for the fourth consecutive year that takes place in Paris, France from 3 – 5 June. Atos reaffirms its commitments to corporate responsibility, and takes this opportunity to set up a debate “Towards a smart and decarbonized economy” with Vincent Bolloré, CEO Bolloré Group and Thierry Breton, Chairman and CEO of Atos.
Thierry Breton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Atos said: “We are proud to be the official partner of the Global Conference organized by the Planet Workshops. For Atos, this is an excellent opportunity to listen to latest trends and insights about sustainability; it is also a good tribune to explain why and how Information and Communication Technologies will play a key role in a successful transition towards a more sustainable society. The ability of cities to exploit available data (pollution, energy, water, health, traffic ...) to provide services in a world where citizens are increasingly connected is one of the key issues of the future. These technology innovations are key to sustain large cities' evolution and collective behavior change. The Global Conference is the right place to explain that solutions exist to meet sustainability challenges.”
Information and Communication Technologies are now universally recognized as an essential sustainable development enabler. Through this partnership, Atos wants to demonstrate the contribution information technology plays to meet climate change challenges, social development stakes and economic performance objectives.
Atos has proven its commitment and acknowledgment with last significant achievements:
- Atos has been awarded A+ score, the highest qualification level for its Corporate Responsibility report, from the Global Report Initiative for the third year in a row,
- Entering the Dow Jones Sustainability Europe Index (DJSI) which tracks the performance of the top 20% of the 600 largest companies from Europe that lead the field in terms of sustainability,
- Since 2009, Atos has taken the step of committing to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC),
- Be the first global IT provider to offer fully integrated carbon neutral hosting services, as part of its Zero Carbon program, which aims to reduce its carbon footprint by 50% by 2015 (2008 baseline), and includes the offset of the remaining carbon emissions produced by our datacenters,
- Setting up a full ecosystem of targeted partnerships to create more sustainable business operations with notably SAP (to develop e.g. Intelligent Sustainability reporting tool), AOS Studley (to offer Smart Campus concept) or Bolloré (to promote sustainable mobility in the city).
- Improving work environment taking part to the “Great Place to Work” challenge since 2010 in its major geographies. In 2013, three Atos geographies (Poland, Austria, Turkey) have already been awarded as best workplaces,
- Being a “Zero Email Company ™” by end 2013 using collaborative technologies,
- The launch of an innovative approach with the first electric car fleet installed at the Atos Headquaters in Bezons, Paris region.
Transforming towards the Firm of the Future
The ongoing economic crisis has forced enterprises and organizations to further explore the possibilities of reshaping their business models and to think more about the long term implications of their every action. “We believe IT is a key driver for sustainability and we are very proactive in being innovative when it comes to sustainability” said Philippe Mareine, EVP General Secretary at Atos, in charge of Corporate and Social Responsibility. Based on our own ambitious journey towards transforming our workplace and our activities, many companies are now turning to us for consulting and solutions so that they can become Firms of the Future themselves.
Atos will speak at this occasion:
- Monday June 3rd (04:15pm - 05:15pm): Best Practice Corner “ The MyCar case, sustainable mobility by Atos and Bolloré” presented by Morald Chiboud, CEO of Autolib' and Sophie Chambon, Head of Global Sustainability Atos
- Monday June 3rd (05:30pm – 07:00pm): Round Table with the participation of Robert Shaw, Chief Executive Officer, BlueKiwi an Atos Company, on the theme “New forms of social mobilization: typology, goals and impacts on the transition”
- Tuesday June 4th (10:15am – 11:15am): Face to face Vincent Bolloré – CEO Bolloré Group and Thierry Breton - Chairman and CEO Atos on Smart Cities
Atos at Global Conference, Unesco 3 – 5 June
Atos supports for the fourth consecutive year, the Planet Workshops, partner and international Think-tank, to follow up on the latest innovations and trends, discuss challenges and opportunities, and encourage collaboration to progress sustainable development.
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is an international information technology services company with annual 2012 revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 76,400 employees in 47 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting and technology services, systems integration and managed services. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, it works with clients across the following market sectors: Manufacturing, Retail, Services; Public sector, Healthcare & Transport; Financial Services; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Energy & Utilities. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting & Technology Services, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
* About BlueKiwi
An innovative technology leader, blueKiwi is Europe's largest SaaS provider of Enterprise Social Network. We help enterprises worldwide increase their business performance through social collaboration. blueKiwi has been consistently recognized by industry expert Gartner Inc. since 2007.
Since becoming an Atos company in early 2012, blueKiwi has leveraged Atos's global presence and Cloud technology expertise to further evolve our powerful SaaS solution. blueKiwi's focus on enterprise social networks, combined with Atos's broader product and service portfolio, creates a powerful combination that enables us to offer further value to our customers through a unique blend of consultancy, innovation, and implementation.
More information : www.bluekiwi-software.com
For more information:
Direct Line : +33173261397