“Atos is official partner at ‘Global Conference’ for third consecutive year”
Paris, 26 September 2012
Atos, an international IT services company, is pleased to support the ‘Global Conference” for the third consecutive year that takes place in Evian, France from 24 – 26 September. Atos reaffirms its commitments to sustainability and corporate responsibility, and takes this opportunity to present its collaborative solutions, and its recent partnership with AOS Studley to promote smart campuses.
Since 2009 Atos has set the ambition to become the Corporate Sustainability Responsibility (CSR) leader in the IT sector. The company is engaged in a global CSR program which has resulted in a top GRI A+ score for the second year in a row, showing its commitment and international leadership, and its recent entering into the Dow Jones Sustainability Europe Index (DJSI), which tracks the performance of the top 20% of the 600 largest companies from Europe that lead the field in terms of sustainability.
Latest commitments of Atos are:
- Reduce its the Carbon footprint by 45% by 2015 (2008 baseline). Atos has already abated by 34% its carbon emissions within 3 years.
- Encourage the renewable energy development : offsetting program and green energies for datacenters, electric fleet car supplied by solar panels.
- Become a “Zero Email Company ™” by end 2013 by promoting collaborative technologies as part of its Wellbeing@work global ambition.
- Be recognized as a “Great Place to Work” in its major geographies.
- Strengthen the Social Corporate engagement and innovation having more than 4,000 employees participating in 265 worldwide social initiatives and EUR 2,7million invested in responsible IT projects.
- Accompany its clients on their journey towards environmental and social excellence developing advanced IT-enabling solutions in partnership with key stakeholders.
Philippe Mareine, EVP General Secretary at Atos, in charge of Corporate and Social Responsibility said: “We are very proud to be the official partner of the Global Conference organized by the Planet Workshops organization and have the opportunity to listen to new trends and to share our visions with other experts. It's an ideal gathering to reveal our commitments and achievements in sustainability. Many of our solutions contribute to our commitments such as Cloud Computing services, our Ambition Zero Carbon program, and our Zero e-mail ™ initiative. Our clients are looking for ways to innovate and to improve their environmental and social performance while reducing their costs. The solutions developed by Atos are clearly supporting these objectives”.
Atos at Global Conference, Evian 24 – 26 September
Atos is the Official Partner of the Global Conference, an international forum designed to meet stakeholders, share best practices, innovative solutions, and anticipate trends. Organized by the Planet Workshops, the Global Conference became in few years a major international think-tank that gathers more than 900 actors from 70 countries involved in change for a sustainable society. This year, the theme of the conference is “Age of co-construction or triumph of the competition?”. Atos is convinced that citizens, social networks and communities help to shape tomorrow's society. Innovative technologies and human well-being are part of this trend and Atos recognizes that this occasion is a good opportunity to meet key market players to share best practices and innovative solutions, and anticipate trends.
Atos and its partners will speak at this occasion:
- Philippe Mareine,EVP General Secretary at Atos, in charge of Corporate and Social Responsibility will take part in the Plenary Session and will present the Atos's vision about “Co-construction or competition: what evolution of economic models?”
- Uwe Kaselau, head of Managed Services at Atos in Switzerland will explain how innovations in datacenters can contribute to fight against climate change in a session titled “Low Carbon economy: collaborative economy?”
- Jean-Luc Valente, CEO of blueKiwi (*) will explain how collaborative platform software can contribute to develop the performance of organizations and how it is part of the “Revolution at work” trend.
- Gilles Betthaeuser, CEO of AOS Studley, will describe the trend in the realestateworking environment, and how it can support the social, financial and environmental goals.
Transforming towards the Firm of the Future
Under the umbrella of the Firm of the Future, Atos works in partnership with clients to create more sustainable business operations. Its Ambition Zero Carbon approach supports clients in their actions to reduce their footprint and create a more sustainable IT infrastructure. Based on four simple steps – measure, reduce, report and offset - the program includes a detailed carbon audit, a roadmap and solutions for improvements and finally a performance management dashboard to measure progress. This strategy helps clients transform to a sustainable, collaborative and adaptive organization addressing both strategic and operational levels and the supporting infrastructure.
* blueKiwi, an Atos Company, develops social software allowing productive and collaborative work environment—promoting internal collaboration between employees, information exchange and interaction with and between partner channels, or customer loyalty with customers. blueKiwi encourages innovative thinking, allows knowledge and information to flow across teams and departments, and creates environments where critical skill sets are found and leveraged.
About AOS Studley
A real estate Consulting company, is a key partner of Atos. Together, they have designed a joint innovative end-to-end offering to create The Future Workplace. The joint offering “Smart Campus” will handle the complete workplace transformation program of a company, from real estate strategy, to new working environment supported by high level technology. This results in a complete results-oriented solution, a first in the market combining the expertise of Atos in IT services and AOS Studley's real-estate and work environment knowledge. For more than 20 years, AOS Studley supported occupiers in their strategy by optimizing their real estate transformation. The group employs 400 people globally, with 2011 revenues of 75 million Euros. It is present in 22 countries (including France, Belgium, The Netherlands, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, USA, Moroccon, Czech Republic, Brazil, India, Russia) and has a portfolio of more than 600 clients.
Atos is an international information technology services company with annual revenues of EUR 8.5 billion and 74,000 employees in 48 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting, systems integration and managed services. Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. It is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldline and Atos Worldgrid.
For more information:
Jose de Vries
+31 6 30 27 26 11