“Atos Origin launches Atos Sphere™ for Cloud services and Ambition Carbon Free for its Green IT services”
Paris, 14 January 2010
Atos Origin, a leading international IT services company, today launches Atos Sphere™ - its Cloud Services solution - and Ambition Carbon Free solutions - its Green IT services - which are two cornerstones of its innovation strategy. Atos Origin is strengthening its innovative strategy and will announce further solutions in the course of 2010. The company aims to not only increase its own operational performance, but help its customers reinvent their growth model to increase business results and gain competitive advantage.
Atos Origin believes that the pay-per-use, highly flexible and shared solutions offered by Cloud Computing, are perfectly aligned with clients current needs and will therefore have a very strong impact on the IT market in the coming years. Atos Origin already has a solid track record in developing and delivering Cloud Services, especially through its Atos Worldline subsidiary, and has decided to develop new solutions for helping its client take the new opportunity of the Cloud.
With Atos Sphere™ the company has formed a new combination of its consulting, hi-tech transactional services, systems integration and managed operations services to deliver a complete package of offerings to deal with this new challenge:
- consulting support to understand what is at stake in their specific situation, design a roadmap and manage their cloud program. Atos Origin's strength is its expertise in accompanying its customers throughout the process of selecting and investing in the right IT strategy to reap business results;
- a range of Cloud Infrastructure Services hosted in Atos Origin's own Data Centers and taking onboard all security features recognized as a key asset of Atos Origin. Clients will have the choice between Private Cloud, to get access to the flexibility and the scalability of Cloud technologies still maintaining a dedicated and well identified hardware platform, and Shared Cloud, to take advantage from full resource sharing benefits.
- a range of functional services, that were often seen as too expensive for a single client but now become available even for smaller companies or internal departments. Atos Sphere includes advanced SAP testing services, Data Migration services, Product Lifecycle Management services, and Atos-in-a-Box, a flexible, pay-per-use on-line workplace solution.
Atos Origin is committed to enhance continuously its Atos Sphere solutions to fulfill its vision of becoming a Cloud Enabler for its clients, offering them the integrated access to its own cloud services, but also to the widest range of available Cloud services, in a secure and managed way, consistent with its habit of providing top professional quality of service to the most demanding industries.
"One of the major reasons that Univé-VGZ-IZA-Trias (UVIT) has decided to outsource our Infrastructure Services to Atos Origin, is its strategy and Cloud Services solutions, which will support our services in terms of agility, cost savings, adaptability and innovations", says Jo Knippenberg, CIO of UVIT.
As a leading international IT services company, Atos Origin has developed a scientific and technological expertise to minimize its own operations' impact on the environment (Green for IT) and, through its IT solutions, to help its clients optimize their environmental efficiency (IT for Green).
In 2010 Atos Origin will be the first IT services company to report its sustainability achievements for 2009 according to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) which are the worldwide de facto standards in sustainability reporting. In this respect it has measured its own carbon footprint and reported to the Carbon Disclosure Project. To go even further, in France, Atos Origin has carried out a Carbon Audit in partnership with ADEME & O2 France to evaluate the global carbon footprint of its Aubervilliers Data Center. This assessment can be considered as a groundbreaking initiative in our ICT market.
With its Ambition Carbon Free solutions, Atos Origin is focused on accompanying its clients on their journey toward environmental excellence. The program is designed to harness the IT transformation which consists in integrating energy efficiency best practices and minimizing carbon impact which includes Carbon neutral solutions.
Ambition Carbon Free offerings include:
- Transformation services and solutions including sustainability Maturity Assessment (sustainability roadmap), operational measurement systems (Intelligent Sustainability), Change Management Program (Sustainable Cultural Behaviors), Digital Company (Sustainable Working Environment), Business Transformation (Green Procurement, Green Supply-chain and Green Manufacturing), in order to provide the best balance between performance and Green efficiency
- IT Green Transformation Projects include application portfolio rationalization, workplace energy efficiency, Green infrastructure transformation using the new technologies of virtualization, Green data centers where applications are hosted in an environmentally-friendly way. To further decrease the carbon emitted by the hosting applications, Atos Origin has concluded a partnership with Schneider Electric in order to implement the best Green performing cooling technologies in its data centers. Through these various solutions, the IT Carbon footprint of Atos Origin clients can be dramatically abated.
- In addition, for the first time in 2010, Atos Origin proposes to its customers to offset the remaining IT CO2 emissions, through a partnership with a trusty offsetting organization. More specifically, Atos Sphere will be providing Cloud solutions with zero carbon footprints. The Offsetting initiative will be part of a Carbon Footprint Abatement Programs with the principal objective of shrinking the CO2 emissions.
Many of the technological solutions proposed in our portfolio have been deployed to minimize the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games' carbon footprint. As a result Atos Origin was awarded a “Sustainability Star” by the Vancouver Organizing Committee in December 2009.
Atos Origin “has a major new focus on sustainability consulting driven by its new CEO. It has a showcase engagement as the lead IT provider for the London 2012 Olympic Games, which will have a prominent green hue,” writes Forrester Research in its “Market Overview: Green IT Services” report (April 2009).
“Cloud Computing and Green IT represent a major shift in business approach for the IT industry, as well as to our clients. Atos Origin can help its customers in their journey and accompany them all the way to transfer to green Cloud Services, as we are able to create transformation solutions customized with our client needs. We anticipate that the new Atos Sphere and Ambition Carbon Free services will be integrated into our customers' existing environment and considered within their overall strategy. We predict that our new services are the cornerstone of new ‘after crisis' growth models not only to companies but also for the public sector”, says Thierry Breton, CEO at Atos Origin.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international information technology (IT) services company, providing hi-tech transactional services, consulting, systems integration and managed operations to deliver business outcomes globally. The company's annual revenues are EUR 5.5 billion and it employs 50,000 people. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international companies across all sectors. Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
For more information:
José de Vries
+31 6 30 27 26 11