“For the third year in a row, Atos Origin experts share Open Source best practices at Linux Solutions 2008”
Paris, January 24, 2008
At the upcoming Linux Solutions 2008 event to be held January 29-31 at the CNIT exhibition center in Paris, experts from Atos Origin will participate in several conference sessions on deployment of open-source solutions, sharing their expertise in industrializing processes and methods. Their case studies offer first-hand insights into the proven practices Atos Origin has developed to rationalize and secure the use of open-source software in a business environment.
Pascal Pujo, head of the Atos Origin Open-Source Skills Center in France and a member of the Linux Solutions 2008 Program Committee, will lead three sessions:
- “Industrializing J2EE application development using open-source software”
- “Deploying a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) with open-source software”
- “Rationalizing and securing the use of open-source solutions in a business environment”
Atos Origin open source experts will also be panel members during seven technical conferences, sharing their experience in addressing key issues for the open-source community:
- Open-source workstations in a business environment
- Industrializing J2EE application development
- Software quality measurement
- UML modeling
- Service-oriented architectures.
- Ajax project feedback
- Web 2.0.
“Through its Open-Source Skills Center set up several years ago, Atos Origin delivers proven solutions and expertise to help customers leverage the best of open-source software in their corporate information systems,” says Pascal Pujo, head of the Atos Origin Open-Source Skills Center in France. “Our experts share their experience with customers to assist them at every stage of an open-source initiative, from feasibility studies to deployment and support of the selected open-source solutions. Our methodology provides a rational, objective framework for managing each step in the process, while capitalizing on our feedback and offering a structured approach to assess the long-term viability of open-source solutions and the business impact of their implementation. Our active involvement every year in these Linux Solutions conferences attests to our commitment to objectively sharing our experience in open-source software.”
Atos Origin conferences at Linux Solutions 2008
- “Open Source Workstations”
- Linux workstations in a business environment: feedback from large-scale deployment projects
- “Industrializing J2EE development – contributions from open-source software”
- Defining quality objectives for a Java project using open-source software
- Achieving uniform deployment of J2EE applications using RPM
- What's new in UML modeling?
- “Web 2.0”
- Ajax project pitfalls to be avoided
- Rationalizing and securing the use of open-source solutions in a business environment
- Evaluating the cost of choosing free or open-source software
Atos Origin Open-Source Skills Center
Atos Origin is a major player in the open-source community. Since 2002 it has offered a comprehensive range of open-source solutions designed to secure our customers' business-critical projects based on open-source software.
Two key advantages in this process are the Atos Origin Open-Source Skills Center, which counts more than 200 experts in France, and the QSOS methodology used under the GNU free documentation license (http://www.qsos.org/). They enable Atos Origin to recommend the right solution to each customer's needs and to offer contractual guarantees covering deployment and support of open-source software solutions.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is one of the world's leading international information technology services companies. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues total €5.4 billion and it employs 50,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors.
Atos Origin is listed on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, AtosEuronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
Media contact: Anne de Beaumont + 33 (0)1 55 91 24 15 - email@example.com