“Atos Origin Open Source experts take the lead at Linux Solutions 2007 Conferences”
Paris, 29 January 2007
Experts from Atos Origin, a major player in the open-source community, will lead several conference sessions at the upcoming event, set for January 30-February 1 at the CNIT exhibition center in Paris. Leveraging its broad experience in deploying open-source software, Atos Origin will share its vision with the open-source community and offer insights into its proven methods.
Three sessions will be led by Pascal Pujo, head of the Atos Origin Open-Source Skills Center in France, and a member of the Linux Solutions 2007 Program Committee:
- " Rationalizing and securing the use of open-source solutions in a business environment "
- " J2EE Architectures and Open-Source Software: Recent Developments In Open-Source Solutions and Contributions to Next-Generation J2EE Specifications"
- " Designing and implementing a service oriented architecture (SOA) using open-source tools "
Atos Origin experts will also participate as panel members in six technical conferences, presenting their expertise and sharing feedback on deployment of critical open-source solutions in several areas:
- Management and administration of installed assets.
- Service-oriented architectures.
- Identity management.
- Atos Origin's original and free licensed QSOS methodology (Qualification and Selection of Open Source software) to rationalize the choice of open-source solutions.
Furthermore, Atos Origin will organize and support the Paris JBoss User Group, which will meet during the event on the evening of January 31. The meeting will provide an opportunity to look at new developments in the open-source solutions available from JBoss, as well as feedback from their deployment by Atos Origin on enterprise platforms.
"Atos Origin is committed to supporting customers throughout the open-source process, from initial assessment of the potential benefits to deployment and solution support," explains Pascal Pujo, head of the Atos Origin Open-Source Skills Center in France. "To help customers securely transition to open-source solutions, you need deep consulting capabilities, the ability to benchmark components developed by open source communities—including an assessment of their service life—and extensive technical expertise. That's why an Atos Origin Skills Center was created in 2001 to maintain our high expertise in open-source components, capitalize on our experience in deploying open-source software in our large-scale systems integration projects, and provide a platform for customer support services."
APPENDICE: Atos Origin conferences at Linux Solutions 2007
- Large-scale deployment of an open-source IT asset inventorying and management solution.
- Designing and implementing a service oriented architecture (SOA) using open-source tools
- How to select an open-source engine to implement Java-based web services: compliance, performance and interoperability
- VeSPA: managing localization of thousands of web services with a JMX-driven UDDI architecture
- Identity management
- Can open-source encourage broader use of identity management solutions?
- Xen: deployment of Linux application servers virtualized in an existing architecture
- Rationalizing and securing the use of open-source solutions in a business environment
- QSOS: method, project and open-source tools for technology intelligence across the open-source community.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues total more than €5.5 billion and it employs over 47,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors.
Atos Origin is listed on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, AtosEuronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
Anne de Beaumont + 33 (0)1 55 91 24 15 - email@example.com