“France Printemps Selects Atos Origin To Audit Compliance of its Accounting Information System”
Paris – April 2, 2007
France Printemps, a leading French retailer, has chosen Atos Origin to audit its accounting information system for compliance with a new directive issued by French tax authorities concerning tax auditor access to electronic accounting data. The new legal framework is designed to ensure that a company's information system conforms to applicable tax rules.
“Given their recognized expertise in complex tax compliance analyses, Atos Origin was a natural choice for this assignment,” said Guillaume Savariau, France Printemps' Chief Information Officer. “We were also impressed by their ability to bring together a project team of top-notch legal, tax and accounting specialists capable of certifying a technological environment and assessing our needs.”
France Printemps is taking a proactive approach to new French rules concerning tax audits of computerized accounting systems, using this opportunity to assess compliance of its data archives and its ability to meet tax authority requirements in the event of an audit.
Making the information system compliant allows France Printemps senior management to:
- Acquire greater transparency and traceability of electronic accounting data, providing a global vision of the information system footprint and facilitating any necessary changes.
- Extensively revise processes and standardize them across the business base.
- Create a benchmark with the new data, as a basis for internal performance indicators that are also useful in the event of future external audits.
- Express this commitment to proactive compliance in its investor relations communication.
Atos Origin will structure the project to provide the following deliverables:
- Inventory of current practices.
- Assessment of current state of compliance with tax authority requirements.
- Identification of legal risks introduced by the new tax directive1,
- Recommendations for actions to ensure basic compliance.
Atos Origin is being supported with specialized expertise from the August & Debouzy law firm, tax advisor Philippe Lorentz, and IT specialist Mahasti Razavi.
“We are very proud to have been selected for this project,” adds Martin Guillaume, Vice President, Atos Origin Solutions Division. “Our experience and intimate knowledge of EIM2 will enable us to support the strategic decision-making process for the France Printemps Group.”
1/ New rules introduced by French tax authorities in a directive dated January 24, 2006 (BOI 13 L-1-06) specify the requirements governing audits of the information systems used to prepare accounting data and regulatory filings, such as:
- Accounting information systems.
- Revenue or sales management systems.
- Cash register data capture and related processing sequences.
- Management or business process information systems, such as purchases and inventory management.
2/ EIM Solutions
Enterprise Infrastructure Management (EIM) is a service infrastructure solution for users or for paperless information processing systems that use unstructured* management information. The infrastructure encompasses the entire data lifecycle (from information creation to archiving) and all types of media.
* Unstructured information means any information not recorded in a database.
About France Printemps
Founded in 1865 and operated by France Printemps, the Printemps department store is the French trendsetter in contemporary fashion. France Printemps counts 17 directly operated downtown stores in the leading French cities, the Madelios department store in Paris, nine affiliates and three specialized subsidiaries: the Sports division (Citadium and Made In Sport), Printemps Voyage and Printemps Design at the Pompidou Center. With nearly 5,000 employees, Le Printemps had sales including VAT of more than one billion euros in 2006.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are EUR 5.4 billion and it employs 50,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors.
Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Euronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
Contact for Press:
Anne de Beaumont - Tél. : +33 (0) 1 55 91 24 15 - firstname.lastname@example.org
About August & Debouzy
Founded in 1995, August & Debouzy is a full-service law firm, providing both advisory and litigation services. Its one hundred attorneys work in five specialized groups: Corporate, Tax, Labor and Employment, Commercial, Intellectual Property and New Technologies, and Governmental & Regulatory Affairs and Competition. Outside France, August & Debouzy works with 30 law firms, covering five continents.