“Camelot Selects Atos Origin as SAP Partner”
London, 20 November 2007
Atos Origin completed a smooth two-week transition of SAP Application Management services at Camelot and enters a multi-year services contract Atos Origin, an international IT services company, today announced that it has won a multi-year contract with Camelot Group plc, the operator of the UK National Lottery. Under the new contract Atos Origin will provide SAP Application Management services to help Camelot manage its SAP environment.
Atos Origin began working with Camelot on management and development of its SAP systems while Camelot was preparing its successful bid for the next UK lottery licence, submitted earlier this year. The SAP systems provide the back office for the lottery operator – financials, HR, payroll, Business Intelligence and CRM.
“Camelot's overriding purpose is to maximise returns to Good Causes in a socially responsible way, so we evaluated several suppliers in the SAP support arena, to ensure we got the most efficient and effective service possible” said Neil Kellar, Camelot IT Director. “We concluded that Atos Origin was best placed to assist us in meeting our medium and long-term objectives. Our confidence in Atos Origin has already been vindicated – they achieved the transition from the previous support package in just two weeks.”
“This contract reinforces our position as a leading UK and Global SAP Applications management partner,” said Paul Bray, Vice President of Enterprise at Atos Origin. “Camelot is widely-recognised as one of the most innovative and cost-effective lotteries in the world. Through our experienced team of dedicated experts we are committed to helping respected and innovative clients like Camelot maximise value from their SAP Investment and to drive their businesses forward.”
Atos Origin UK is the current holder of SAP UK Partner of the Year for Partner Excellence, an award which recognises customer satisfaction and delivery excellence. The company has over 20 years' experience working with SAP solutions and was recently awarded a prized SAP Pinnacle award for Hosting and is a SAP Global Services Partner, a SAP Global Hosting Partner, a member of the SAP NetWeaver Partnership Initiative, a Special Expertise Partner for SAP MDM and has managed more than 1,500 implementations. The Atos Origin SAP practice has more than 4,500 SAP consultants around the globe and operates SAP Certified Data Centres in all geographical regions.
- Camelot Group plc is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for the Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds
- To date, over £20 billion has been raised for the Good Causes by The National Lottery, and more than 280,000 individual awards have been made across the UK – the biggest programme of civic and social regeneration since the 19th Century. The National Lottery has given away over £29 billion in prizes and created more than 2,000 millionaires or multi-millionaires since launch in 1994
- Camelot runs one of the most cost-efficient lotteries in the world, with around 5% of total revenue taken in operating costs. At 40% of total sales (28% to the Good Causes and 12% in lottery duty to the Government), Camelot returns a higher proportion of lottery revenue back to society than any other lottery operator in the world. National Lottery retailers receive 5% of total revenue in commission, and 50% of sales is paid out to players in prizes
- Camelot is committed to the highest standards in player protection and social responsibility in both the retail and interactive environments. The National Lottery website, Sky Active and Play By Text services have been accredited by GamCare, the UK's national centre for information, advice and practical help regarding the social impact of gambling – while Camelot's approach to game design, test purchasing and retailer vigilance campaigns ensures player protection at retail. Camelot is ranked first in the leisure sector in Business in the Community's 2006 Corporate Responsibility Index
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit the following websites: http://www.camelotgroup.co.uk/ and www.national-lottery.co.uk
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over
- The crossed fingers logo is the registered trademark of the National Lottery Commission.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are EUR 5.4 billion and it employs over 50,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors. Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Euronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
For further information contact: