“Atos Origin Axapta Automotive solution certified by Microsoft”
Stuttgart/Munich, 17 October 2005
Atos Origin, a leading international information technology services provider, has been granted certification for its industry solution “Atos Origin Axapta Automotive”. As an innovative component of the Atos Origin “Automotive offerings” range, this solution adds all the key processes and functionalities of the automotive supplier industry to the Microsoft Axapta business solution.
With its certified industry solution “Atos Origin Axapta Automotive”, Atos Origin enables companies in the automotive sector to fulfil their automotive supplier requirements both uniformly and cost-effectively, thanks to smooth integration alongside direct and integrated further processing, not to mention all of the advantages of “collaborative business” with Microsoft Axapta. The barriers of internal business processes within the automotive supplier sector are effectively broken down. Customers, suppliers and business partners are directly integrated into the business processes, no matter what their location or size.
“The German automotive supplier industry needs tailored software solutions,” says Peter Ruchatz, Director of Microsoft Business Solutions at Microsoft Deutschland GmbH. “Suppliers implemented, too often in the past, solutions designed for automotive manufacturers - with the result that SMEs were squeezed into a kind of software “corset” which had been originally tailored for large companies. Atos Origin's Axapta solution gives larger medium-sized suppliers the opportunity to use software.”
The Atos Origin Axapta Automotive Solution has been certified for Microsoft Axapta 3.0 as a unique industry solution for automotive suppliers. It features :
- rapid, cost-effective reproduction of the necessary automotive business processes within Microsoft Axapta, using the predefined customer packages included in the industry solution
- short roll-out time with minimised customising expenditure
- continuous further development to ensure processes and functionalities required in the future
Automotive suppliers generally process their business within the scope of framework agreements, whereby they exchange data in line with the recommendations of the VDA (association of the German automotive industry). These agreements define, amongst other criteria, parts to be supplied, prices and terms and conditions. “The industry solution Atos Origin Axapta Automotive is fully integrated into Microsoft Axapta. This means that, for example, order proposals, productions and scheduling, merchandise planning and capacity planning can all be initiated and implemented as normal,” explains Bojan Petrovic, Sales Manager at Automotive Solutions, Atos Origin.
Atos Origin Axapta Automotive Solution supports suppliers in their business dealings with automotive manufacturers or other suppliers. These include :
- blanket order management, including delivery call-ups and detailed issue requisitions within the scope of start-up and standard production processes; safety and test routines during reading in and receipt
- container management with packaging specifications; serial numbers
- automotive shipping documents in line with VDA and ODETTE recommendations (delivery notes, barcode material tabs etc.); EDI – highly integrated, automated integration of data, taking into consideration the relevant automotive manufacturer recommendations
- customer-specific automotive manufacturer processes (such as BMW BeloM, GM Pick-Up Sheet (PUS), Renault L3P, L3PS, VW AMES-T etc.)
- invoicing and credit notes
The Atos Origin Automotive Solutions team employs certified Microsoft Axapta consultants with automotive expertise in consultancy, customising, implementation and training right up to operation of the entire IT infrastructure. Thanks to Atos Origin's global presence, the team can also boast further Axapta specialists in the key European, North American and Asian automotive markets.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Atos Origin, with its long track record in the automotive world, is the top global partner for implementation of the increasingly more complex requirements stipulated for automotive suppliers.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are more than EUR 5 billion and it employs over 46,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors . Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Euronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
Atos Origin (Germany)
Tel: +49 (0)7 11/73 77-3 11
Email : email@example.com