“Atos Origin Singapore is awarded International Headquarters status”
Singapore, 29 September 2005
Atos Origin Aims To Develop Enhancements To Credit Card Solutions And Create a Risk Management Research Institute Atos Origin's Asia Pacific Headquarters in Singapore has been awarded the International Headquarters Status by Singapore's Economic Development Board (EDB). Going forward, Atos Origin will develop new innovative enhancements to its credit card payment systems and establish a Risk Management Research Institute. These initiatives are expected to maintain Atos Origin's market leadership position in Asia and strengthen Singapore's position as a business and financial hub.
Enhancements to Credit Card Payment Systems
Atos Origin, a leading Consulting and IT services company, has been a leading credit card solutions provider in Asia for over 20 years and its systems are used by more than 80 banks in Asia – Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Following are the new enhancements to Atos Origin's credit card payment systems:
- Enhanced Fraud and Case Management – Increased protection and reduced risk for both card centres and cardholders
- Dual Currency Cards – support billing in different currencies on a single card
- Graphical User Interface for Customer Service – for ease of navigation and shorter learning curve
- Enhanced Authorisation Support – to support flexible user configurable authorisation check parameters
- System-wide Base Enhancement – support 24 x 7 authorisation and much higher card and transaction volume
- Transaction Level Pricing – support flexible pricing strategy and ease of implementing new programmes by card centres
The aim of these enhancements is to meet the increasing demands of the card payments industry in Asia, which will experience the fastest growing credit card rates in the world.
Risk Management Research Institute for Asia
Atos Origin will also establish a Risk Management Research Institute focusing on credit and operational risk. The objectives of the Institute are to:
- Establish Singapore as the regional leader in risk management
- Produce risk management best practices based on the Asian context
- Train, produce, certify risk management expertise in the region
- Work with banks in Asia to advance their risk management methodologies
- Attract top risk management researchers and practitioners to Singapore
This will be the first such Asia-centric Risk Management Research Institute. The EDB will work with Atos Origin to bring to Singapore world-class risk management experts to help develop risk management know-how and expertise. The Institute will contribute to Singapore moving up the value chain in the financial services industry.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international consulting and information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are more than EUR 5 billion and it employs over 46,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all industry sectors.
Atos Origin Asia Pacific, with its regional headquarters in Singapore, employs more than 2,300 people across nine countries and its targeted industry sectors include Finance, Telecom, Public Sector and Manufacturing.
VP, Marketing Communications
Atos Origin Asia Pacific
tel : 65-6832 2617
Fax : 65-6832 2600
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org