“Atos Origin, Integrator of the Open Source Emergency Medical Record Application to Attend 2005 Emergency Medicine Trade Show at Palais des Congrès, May 17 to 19, 2005”
Paris, 16 May 2005
Atos Origin, partner of healthcare solution designer “Centre de Ressources en Informatiques Hospitalières (CRIH) des Alpes” (Hospital IT Resource center), will feature its open source software application for public and private sector emergency rooms at the 2005 Emergency Medicine trade show to be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris from May 17 to 19.
Under France's emergency medical services (EMS) plan, Atos Origin and CRIH des Alpes have pooled their expertise to address the new challenges facing emergency rooms, namely the need to optimize their services and deliver quality care, even as the number of patients continues to grow.
Together, Atos Origin and CRIH des Alpes have developed an emergency medical record solution specifically for EMS personnel. As part of the solution, Atos Origin offers the software, without charging licensing fees, and provides the following support services:
- A preliminary study, including an evaluation of the requisite patient management interface.
- Installation assistance and training for referring caregivers and users.
- System start-up support.
Atos Origin serves many healthcare establishments in France via a network of 16 regional offices that ensure local customer service and fast response. Leveraging its experience with a major mutual insurance company, the Grenoble University Hospital, the Hospices Civils de Lyon and the Montpellier University Hospital, Atos Origin has acquired extensive capabilities in the integration and securing of medical process solutions.
The Emergency Medical Record software is fully mature and adapted to the routine needs of EMS departments, enabling practitioners to:
- Establish a quick diagnosis.
- Implement a therapeutic strategy.
- Manage prescription protocols and clinical observation documentation.
- Manage patient care and alerts (control and monitoring).
- Share information with other healthcare professionals.
- Codify diagnoses and medical acts without the need to reprocess data.
In addition, connection with the PEPS© healthcare data interchange platform enables EMS departments to communicate with family doctors and send reports and related documents (images, etc.) to medical correspondents to pursue the necessary patient care.
CRIH designs and develops innovative solutions for improving the performance of healthcare processes, sharing medical records and disseminating information. Since its founding 30 years ago, CRIH has either pioneered or helped design several major information system projects:
- 1972 – Developed the first computerized patient record, which was used to validate the Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) algorithm in the United States, precursor of France's PMSI electronic health record system.
- 1994 – Developed France's first individual patient code (IPP) concept, which was validated by the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
- 1999 – Innovated by developing the first solution for practicing medicine over the Internet (Crist@l-Net).
- 2004 – Established a regional login and regional medical record information-sharing system for monitoring cancer patients.
Phone: +33 (0)4 76 76 51 63
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are more than EUR 5 billion and it employs over 46,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors.
Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, AtosEuronext, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.
Contact for Press:
Anne de Beaumont
+ 33 (0)1 55 91 24 15