“United Biscuits Chooses Atos Origin to Integrate and Implement Business Systems during the integration of Jacob’s”
London, 1 March 2005
Atos Origin, a leading IT services company, today announced that it has signed a blueprint agreement with United Biscuits (UB) to plan and scope the integration of Jacob's IT systems into the existing UB SAP system. This includes finance, manufacturing, sales and distribution, business warehouse, as well as supply and demand chain management and bespoke applications within UB. UB acquired Jacob's in September 2004.
This contract is in addition to two recent contracts with Atos Consulting for the design and implementation of business processes and systems, in order to support the integration of the two businesses. The total value of the contracts with Atos Consulting and Atos Origin is over £3 million and together, will help UB implement the same processes and reporting systems across the whole business, so that it can generate cost-savings, improve business agility and better serve its customers.
“Atos Origin has a strong track record in integrating and implementing SAP systems which, together with their understanding of our systems and business, meant that when we assessed them against our criteria, they came out the clear leader,” said Clare Blackburn, European IS Director, United Biscuits.
During the acquisition, Atos Consulting formed an integral part of the joint UB business advisory team that was focussed on maximising value from the Jacob's acquisition. Atos Consulting is now working with UB to assist with the development of best practice ways of working for the finance, sales and technical areas of the integrated business .
“The work we are doing with UB demonstrates how Atos Consulting and Atos Origin are working together to provide a complete solution to our customers, so they can realise the full potential of their IT investment,” said Martin Webley, vice president, Enterprise, Atos Origin. “This contract is also an example of how Atos Origin is winning new IT contracts through its consulting arm, Atos Consulting.”
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology (IT) services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company's annual revenues are more than EUR 5 billion and it employs 45,000 people in 50 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and its clients include ABN AMRO, Akzo Nobel, Alstom, BNP Paribas, Ericsson, EDF, Euronext, Fiat, France Telecom, ING, KPN, Philips, Renault, Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Aramco, Schlumberger, Shell, Standard Chartered Bank, Telecom Italia, UK Department for Work and Pensions, Unilever, Vivendi Universal and Vodafone.
Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Euronext Premier Marché and trades as Atos Origin, AtosEuronext, Atos Worldline, Atos Consulting.
About United Biscuits
- UB is the leading manufacturer and marketer of biscuits in the U.K. and Iberia and the second largest in France, the Netherlands and Belgium.
- In the U.K., UB is the leading manufacturer and marketer of packaged nuts and the second largest manufacturer and marketer of savoury snacks and crisps.
- In September 2004, UB acquired Jacob's adding well known products to its U.K. portfolio including Jacob's Cream Crackers, Twiglets and Thai Bites.
- UB manufactures and markets a wide range of products in the U.K. and continental Western Europe under well-recognised brand names. Branded products accounted for approximately 88% of sales in 2004.
- Among UB's popular brand names are McVitie's, Penguin, go ahead!, McVitie's Jaffa Cakes, Jacob's, Jacob's Cream Crackers, Jacob's Thai Bites, Twiglets, Hula Hoops, Skips, Mini Cheddars, McCoy's, Phileas Fogg and KP Nuts in the U.K. and Marbu Dorada, Chiquilin, Fontaneda, Filipinos, BN, Delacre and Verkade in Europe.
- McVitie's is among the best known brands in the U.K. McVitie's biscuits were purchased by over 85% of UK households in 2004.
- UB owns and operates 23 manufacturing facilities of which 12 are in the U.K.
- UB employs over 12,000 people of whom over 9,000 work in the U.K.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +44 20 7830 4233