“Atos Origin : Card Processing in 2002”
France, Paris - February 24, 2003
Atos Origin, Europe's leading e-money services provider, recorded strong growth in card processing in France in 2002.
- Internet payment security was up more than 50% with the SIPS solution, which managed 1.5 million transactions in December 2002.
- Point-of-sale bankcard payment processing was up more than 20%. Atos Origin handled more than 220 million payment authorization requests, with peaks of close to 170,000 transactions per hour during the year-end holidays and January sales.
- Atos Origin also enjoyed growth of 15% in ATM management.
- Lastly, as operator of Moneo, Atos Origin processed 20 million e-purse transactions in 2002.
- In the area of loyalty systems, Atos Origin managed 14 million loyalty cards for service stations and top-name retailers, an increase of 20%.
In the years ahead, card systems will offer more value-added services with improved personalization. Atos Origin is very well positioned to serve these new opportunities.
Deployment of the international EMV standard will profoundly modify international trade and card system use in Europe. Atos Origin is particularly involved in migrating cards to the EMV standard and has already successfully completed several projects for its large clients.
In addition, Atos Origin is present in all of the technological advances related to processing and securing electronic payments, including 3D Secure, Moneo on the Internet, m-payment, wallet server, certification (PKI Mediacert, etc.), transaction scoring and biometric authentication.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services provider. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations, including outsourcing and on-line services. In August 2002, Atos Origin acquired KPMG Consulting in the UK and The Netherlands, trading as Atos KPMG Consulting. The company generates annual revenues of EUR 3.3 billion and employs 28,000 staff in 30 countries. The Group's client list includes major companies such as ABN-Amro, Akzo-Nobel, Alstom, BNP Paribas, British Petroleum, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, ING, KPN, Lucent, Philips, Renault, Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Aramco, Shell, UBS-Warburg, Unilever, Vivendi Universal, Vodafone and Wolters Kluwer.
+ 33 (1) 49 00 96 33
Anne de Beaumont
Tel: + 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42