“Atos Origin Helps Cegetel Implement Order Management System”
Paris - October 9, 2003
The Cegetel Group's Fixed Telecommunications Division has commissioned Atos Origin to support implementation of its new ordering, billing and customer relationship management system.
Avanti: Advanced Information Technology
To remain a key player in the enterprise telecommunications market, Cegetel, France's leading private telecoms operator, needs to develop innovative solutions that meet current and future business requirements. These solutions require the support of an infrastructure and organization enabling Cegetel to deliver services with the requisite quality to meet demand, thereby earning market recognition, securing customer loyalty and retaining the confidence of its shareholders.
In response to this challenge, Cegetel has introduced a continuous improvement program designed to ensure that its business processes consistently meet customer needs more effectively while complying with return on investment criteria.
For example, to keep pace with changing market conditions and demand, Cegetel's Enterprise Telecommunications Division introduced a commitment-to-excellence program in 2001 that led it to revamp its ordering, billing and customer relationship management systems through the Avanti project, which will ultimately concern more than 700 users mainly in Paris, Nantes and Lyon. An architecture based on Clarify and Arbor BP applications was identified as the best solution in terms of functions, maturity and ease of implementation.
End-to-end support offered and delivered
Given the mission-critical nature of the project, Cegetel wanted to do everything possible to ensure successful introduction of the new applications. Atos Origin was asked to propose a comprehensive support strategy for end users of the Avanti information system to:
- Secure buy-in by future users and their managers.
- Familiarize front-line users with the new system.
- Support the transition from legacy system practices to Avanti.
- Ensure the ability of users to work on their own.
Working in close collaboration with Cegetel teams to achieve these goals, Atos Origin acted on a full range of key drivers to make Avanti a success, including:
- Communication initiatives implemented throughout the project (an awareness enhancement seminar for managers, press articles, a poster campaign, an introductory brochure, etc.).
- Training sessions with presentations at offices in Paris, Nantes and Lyon.
- Intensive training workshops for front-line users to foster the acquisition of reflexes and teach them how to handle specific situations.
- Online documentation available at the same time as the training courses (introductory handbook, operating instructions, procedures, information sheets, etc.).
- Individual assistance for front-line users to resolve critical situations and support operating staff locally during system rollout, as well as in-depth initiatives to provide refresher courses and more advanced post-rollout training.
- A hotline to provide daily support for users experiencing difficulties.
In addition to the project manager, a team of nine designers and six facilitators were mobilized for the first functional phase of the Avanti project, which lasted nearly a year.
The Avanti system was introduced using a gradual approach that involved breaking the project down into three functional phases:
- The Book to Bill phase concerning the delivery of services to the customer, which starts as soon as the contract is signed (including order registration, deployment of the required solution, billing and administration of the service).
- The Customer Relationship Management phase, including customer support (management of complaints and incidents, customer retention, historical recording of requests, etc.).
- The Deployment and Billing Optimization phase, involving a total overhaul of the billing process and automation of the network-level deployment process.
Renewed collaboration in 2003
Cegetel was fully satisfied with the measures undertaken by Atos Origin during implementation of the first functional phase. As a result, Atos Origin was commissioned to provide support for implementation of the remaining functional phases, which started in April 2003.
Founded by Vivendi Universal in 1996, the Cegetel Group offers a full range of telecom and Internet solutions for private customers, enterprises, professionals and local authorities, making it the only private operator active across the telecom value chain, including mobile phone services provided by SFR and fixed line services provided by Cegetel. The Group also serves enterprises and local authorities, delivering fixed and mobile telephony, hosting, 800 numbers, LAN interconnection, data transmission, secure Internet access, intranet and international connection services. With sales up 11% from the previous year at €7.1 billion, 17 million customers and more than 8,500 employees, the Cegetel Group is the leading private telecommunications operator in France.
About the Atos Origin Training Center
Created in 1975, Atos Origin's Training Activity proposes has distinct offers :
A catalogue with 150 inter or intra enterprises training courses for the benefit of computer scientists and office automation users. Some courses exists on an online tutoring program.
A change engineering offer the aim of which is to develop and implement support operations based on communication, training and assistance and to accompany technological and organizational changes in companies.
Atos Origin serves more than 10 000 trainees each year and counts 70 consultants and trainers.
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services provider. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations, including outsourcing and on-line services. In August 2002, Atos Origin acquired KPMG Consulting in the UK and The Netherlands, trading as Atos KPMG Consulting. The company generates annual revenues of EUR 3 billion and employs 28,000 staff in 30 countries. The Group's client list includes major companies such as ABN AMRO, Akzo-Nobel, Alstom, BNP Paribas, British Petroleum, Euronext, Fiat, ICI, ING, KPN, Lucent, Philips, Renault,
Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Aramco, Shell, UBS Warburg, Unilever, Vivendi Universal, Vodafone and Wolters Kluwer.
Relation presse :
Atos origin : Anne de Beaumont - Tel 33 (0)1 49 00 96 42 - email@example.com
Cegetel : Claire Mathieu - 33(1) 71 07 62 16